Chapter 2: Realizing the Mistake

I'm decicating this to bbeth4321 for being the first to comment on this book, so thank you.

I can't really be bothered with a big introduction... Hope you like it... blah blah blah and all the rest of it  :D

Chapter 2 - 14th of August

 Why is it so hard? It feels like a person?

I opened my right eye to see that I was lying on top of Cory, who was shirtless.

I looked down to see that I was top less as well.

“OMG!” I shrieked sitting up covering my body.

What had happened last night? Could have we… did we?

I looked around to see my undies dangling by the window, my bra hanging off the door and my dress at the bottom of the bed.

As fast as I could I got my dress and slipped it on the went over to put on my undies and then to the door putting on my bra under my dress.

“Mhmm,” I turned around to see Cory getting restless.

I couldn’t let him see me if he does he’ll probably think that I seduced him or something.

I opened the door and shut it quietly.

I looked either way down the hall to make sure no one had seen me. I sneaked down the stairs to see Casey on the couch with a random guy. I tip toed up to her making sure I didn’t wake up anyone.

“Casey, Casey,” I whispered shaking her shoulder, “come on get up we have to go.”

“I don’t wanna, I wanna sleep,” she mumbled waving her arm in the air randomly.

“We can get waffles,” I bribed her which usually works.

“Mmmm, from Waffle Mayhem?” she questioned not moving.

“Yes,” I replied reassuringly.

“Mmm, okay. But your buying,” she slowly got up looking funny at the guy she was lying on; like she had no idea who he was then I sly smile spread across her face like she was remembering something.

I grabbed her hand ripping her off the couch.

“Yes, yes let’s just go,” I said.

She grabbed her wallet off the coffee table then followed me out the door manoeuvring through all the bodies lying unconscious on the floor.

“What’s wrong with you?” she questioned as we walked down the street.

“Nothing, just be happy that you’re getting free waffles,” I said as we turned out of the street.

“Okay no more questions,” but for some reason I knew it wasn’t the last of them.

We spent the rest of the walk talking about the party or what we remember of it anyway.

We took a seat outside of ‘Waffle Mayhem’ under a red and white umbrella.

“Hiya girls what would you like today?” Mr. Waffles wondered.

“We’re fine thank you,” Casey replied.

Mr. Waffles was a cheery old man who had owned the shop for like 50 years, he’s cool and sometimes he gives us free waffles.

“Where have you girls been you look awfully dressed up to be out for waffles,” Mr. Waffles wondered.

“We went out to a party last night,” I told him putting my hair up in a loose bun.

“Was it fun?” Mr. Waffles wondered.

“Umm, well,” I started looking down at the cream table with red swirls going through it, trying to forget what happened last night.

“It was really fun Mr. Waffles,” Casey told him looking at me strangely.

“Well that’s lovely now what would you girls like to eat?” 

 “I’ll have the ‘All abound Berries’,” Casey told Mr. Waffles.

“And I’ll have the ‘Strawberries and Cream’ oh and can you please add some chocolate sauce,” I wondered.

“Of course the sauce can be on the house, would you like some to Casey?” he questioned looking to Casey who was staring at me.

“Will do thanks.”

Mr. Waffles then walked back into the shop.

“Okay what has gotten into you?” Casey questioned looking at me in wonder.

“Umm I’m not sure,” I mumbled lying.

“Liar, liar, liar pants on fire,” she sung getting some strange looks from people eating and walking past.

“I am not a liar,” I squeaked.

“Then why did you wake me up this early what did you do,” she demanded.

I thought for a minute what to say when Mr Waffles luckily interrupted my thoughts.

“He you go girls your waffles are served,” Mr. Waffles said laying down the tray and giving us each our plates.

“Thanks,” we said together.

"Now drop it,” I whispered in my threatening voice.

“NO!” she shouted flicking some waffle in my direction; my eyes widen when I saw some waffle fly in my direction, I ducked thankful it didn’t get me.

“Who throw this,” a husky man’s voice yelled.

I turned around to see a tall man wiping off the waffle flicking it to the ground.

I turned slowly back to Casey holding back the laughter mouthing ‘okay’. The man seemed so familiar.

“Was it you,” he yelled pointing to Casey.

She shook her head violently sitting back in her seat.

Who was he?

“Well whoever it is you should feel so guilty,” he spat then walking out with a small child.

“Casey do you know who that is?” I asked her pointing at him when I realised.

“No, wait I do… some random with now a waffle stain on his shirt,” she answered taking a bite of her waffle.

“No it’s the principal of our new high school,” I informed her.

“Wait so are you telling me that I just waffled my new principal?” she muttered shocked.

“I think so,” we then both burst out laughing.

*

Dear diary,

The last two weeks have been hell.

I’m still in shock that I had SLEPT with Cory my best friend; my neighbour.

It’s so bad I can’t look at him in the eye anymore which is hard since our rooms are opposite each other, literally just two metres out my side window is Cory’s window.

But I guess one thing good came out of the party… Cory was that drunk that he doesn’t remember doing the deed with me, you could say it’s a blessing in disguise but he was my first.

I just wish I could talk it out and put it behind us but it’s never that simple is it?

Casey has also finally stopped asking me questions about the party.

Anyway tomorrow is my first day at Jefferson High School… I’m super excited but nervous.

I have nearly every class with Cory but I have all of my classes with Casey so hopefully I won’t have to spend that much time with him.

I’m going to bed now so wish me luck for tomorrow… I’ll need it.

Sincerely, Hillary