D i s p a r a g i n gL o y a l t y(K)

Mulai dari awal

"And, well, he's my first boyfriend. I don't believe in courtship so if I don't feel that spark every author is saying, I ditch them. I don't waste time." she continued.

"You got a point there." I said laughing. I really want to fish something about Daemon but can't find a way in. I need to know what kind of battlefield I'm signing myself up.

"What about Daemon?" I ask without giving another thought to pass.

"Dee? He's not available." she said then slug empty her half glass of cocktail. Her cheeks deflate as she lower down the glass on the sand.

"Ahh." That's all I can manage to say. She pursed her lips and smiled at me.

He's not available. It's like saying keep off him. I feel a little irritated. I'm just asking okay? But I need not to deny it. That's the thing I want to know but don't want as an answer. Those 3 words imbued in me harshly. I bit my lip and hope my lachrymal gland would be embarrass to work in front of the great Samantha. I glance around squeezing my brain of what to say next. It's weird it looks like we're both nonplus. Does Samantha knew I feel something for Daemon that it made her uncomfortable telling me those? Am I that obvious? But I only felt it just this morning. Could it be that I had it already since the time I've been with him? And Samantha knew it, but how?

This silence is unnerving.

"Samantha, you think I like Daemon?" I said feigning grin.

"Huh? No. Why? Do you?" she probes chuckling. I was taken aback with her high pitch tone. I'm sure I saw her face light up.

"Uhh no. No. I mean, not what you think. He's a good person." I said still baffled.

"Oh. Of course. He really is', she said staring back at the water, 'So..how about you Kar. Have you been in love?"

"Me? Uhh', I look at her and realize I don't know how to answer her. I turn my gaze to the water and stare at it, 'Yes. Yes." I finally said. Yea. I think, now.. Yes.

"Oh', she stared at me for good 20 seconds and narrowed her eyes, 'I think you're afraid to admit it yourself." What kind of creature is this woman? Is she reading my mind?

"I'm not reading your mind. I'm looking at your eyes." she said without a hint of mockery.

Holy. God.

"Hey! You look like you've seen a ghost', she said chuckling', but you know what, if my brother is available, I wish you two will be together." she continued.

I'm stymied for a second.

"Uhh. Sam I don't think it's right to say that. I'm sure he's happy with his family." She seems perplex but smile after a while. "Yea. Yea." she said playing the sand with her fingers. She's creating circles. Then some parts of the sand moisten after 5 minutes. I realized I've been drawn to her activity.

I look up if it's raining. It's not. "Sam are you—

A beach boy approaches us carrying a plate and two glass of cocktail. He stands beside Samantha and handed to her the plate when she glance up her watery eyes. I get the glasses eyeing her warily. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yea. Sand hits my eyes." she said.

"Ms. Samantha, these were ordered by Sir Mark." the beach boy said and walks away.

"He's sweet." I commented. Samantha giggled as she removed the cover plate. There's a slider, fries, chicken ala king and Kitkat bars.

"Eeeh. Mark is such an angel, 'she cooed then frowns, 'and an ass." she finish laughing. She handed me something that looks like a sticker pad. I read.

Babe, Four hours on the gym tomorrow. Don't stay up late. Love, Mark

I laugh. "Well, some kind of a boyfriend he is." I get the slider and toss it in my mouth.

"You know, I once tried if slider can really stands up to their name." she said munching the fries.

"Oh? What happened?"

"I choke." We both broke into a laughter. Geez. "I'm not kidding. I also tried if I my tongue could reach Mark's throat."

I gasp. "Oh my god. Tell me it's a joke."

"Well, unfortunately for him, it's not." she said tossing the slider in her mouth.

I gape at her in disbelief. She laughs hard. "What.. happened.. Then?"

"He choke. Haha! Well, he threatened me that if I do it again, he'll give my throat his own way of experiment', she wink, then added, 'Of course I did it again.'

I can't help but laugh. I guess Daemon really knows what he's doing. When I recovered from mirth, she's serious. She took a sip of her cocktail. I wonder if it is stoned. On the other hand, I don't care. "I don't think I want to know what else you have tried." I said chuckling.

"Right Karina. You don't want to know It." she smiled and stands up dusting her shorts. Then she slug empty her glass.

I get to my feet too. I glance at my wrist watch. Quarter to.. three? We've been chatting for seven hours? Not surprise my limbs ache. I stretch my arms and legs. Samantha went ahead. The party is almost over. Cigarette butts and beer bottles scattered everywhere. I am walking behind her when she suddenly stopped. She slowly turned her head and look at me right in the eyes. "Karina, don't fall in love with my brother please. He's not for you."

That's all and she trotted away leaving me motionless. My chest constricts. So she waited for this time just to tell me those? I was right then. She thinks I'm flirting with her brother and she doesn't like it. The nerve! I never even wanted this feeling. Now I'm being accused. Okay. He's a family man. He's not available. Why the hell she makes him my guide when she "know" something is going on? Is this again part of her weird experiment? Experiment on people's feelings? Damn you Samantha. I clench my fist and wipe the raging tears. My lachrymal gland is working overtime. At 3 damn am. I force my shaking limbs to walk. But thought that the water is nearer than our rented cottage, I start to walk towards it.

"It's not advisable to swim at this ungodly hour."

I turn and saw Daemon standing in the far side. I walk towards him, still seething with anger, until I'm inches away from his face. I saw him swallowed. I put my hand in his neck and trace his throat with my thumb while my other fingers brush his nape. My other hand sits in his lower back. I push my body to him. He didn't flinch. He put both of his hands in my waist. I wince. I just want to forget his wife and children and let myself be drowned in this euphoric sensation. Now I know why people dare to cheat. I can feel it right between my legs. I can feel it in my waist where his hands settle. I can feel it inside my chest.

Daemon lowered his head. I swallow hard and close my eyes. I tilt my head when I sense he's coming to my ear. I admire how he controlled his breathing while I can't even find my own. My heart is beating erratically. I don't know if it's because of anger or the unnamed monster going wild in my head.

Then I feel his hold on me loosen.

"You're drunk. Let's go." He whispered. Then he pushes me away. I open my eyes when he pull my hand and drag me back to the cottage.

God. Forgive me. But I loathe this outrageous disparaging act of loyalty.

l?