Liam took in his surroundings, noting the exact  position of each and every man before looking back up at Joey.  He weighed his options and heard Hope's breath catch when Joey's father cocked the trigger to the gun that he was holding aimed at Liam.

Liam remained calm, projecting his cool facade while simultaneously rubbing his thumb lightly over the back of Hope's hand, only wanting to reassure her while he mentally worked out what their next moves would be. 

"There's always a choice," Liam growled out lowly and then with the quickness of a viper he waved his hand in a big circle in front of him, inducing a bright flash of  white light that illuminated the night temporarily blinding the soldiers that were attempting to hold them captive. 

Wasting no time, Liam turned to Hope and In one sweeping motion he swooped her up off of the ground in a bridal carry and took off through the the woods as if the hounds of hell were after them.  Each step that he took he pushed him self harder, running faster knowing that both Hope's and his lives depended on getting them out of these godforsaken woods.

As they continued to race off into the night, Liam began to hear the unmistakable sounds of large branches falling behind them and held back a smile knowing that Hope was controlling her power and causing the distraction, effectively saving their ass.  

"Good job, baby," he whispered, holding her close while he leaped over a log.  Hope's only response was to bury her head in the crook of his neck as she held on for dear life.  

Her mind was boiling cauldron of turmoil, threatening to spill over at any second.  Joey's betrayal, her being hunted for powers that she never asked for and then there was Liam who had somehow managed to accidentally bump his way into her life and has now saved her butt more times that she could count.  He is also the only link that she has to her true heritage and the only person now that could possibly understand what she is going through.  With everything simmering the way that it was, all she could do was continue to hold on and hope for the best.

When he finally reached the truck, Liam wrenched open the door and basically tossed Hope in from the drivers side.  She landed with a oomph and he quickly followed in behind her, gently pushing her over to the passenger seat. 

"Buckle up," he said curtly while digging in his pockets and pulling out his keys to the truck.  In jerky motions he jabbed them into the ignition with much more force than necessary.  He wasted no time in cranking up the old truck,  throwing it in gear and peeling out of the driveway where he had originally parked it before he went looking for Hope. 

Liam didn't look back.  He put his foot to the pedal and sped off into the night pushing that little Toyota truck of his to it's limits.  He had no intentions of either of them getting caught again.  He would not stop until he was sure that he had found a safe place for them to stay.  

He remembered all to well the stories that his dad had told him growing up about what how those centers worked that the Secret Service confined the Lyrics to.  As long as he heart beat and he had breath in his body, he would never let them take Hope to one of them godawful places.  Not if he could help it.

He would never be able to live with himself if he had to watch them steal the fire that he had just discovered in Hope's brilliant blue eyes.  Fate had somehow brought the two of them together for a reason.  He didn't know why, he didn't know how, all that he was sure of was that he would not let those damnable fools tear them apart.