Chapter 2

I get to the door. I stop to let everything happening go through my head. I'm so nervous. I put on a smile and open the door. "El!" I say. He smiled back at me. Oh, how I loved that smile.

"Liv!" he says, hugging me.

"How are you?" I say as we let out of the hug.

"I'm great. Kathy and I are finally divorced. How are you?" he asked me.

"I'm fine, but that's great. I know you've wanted out of that relationship for a while," I said to him, looking concerned. I put my hand on his arm. He smiles.

"You've been there with me through it all," he tells me.

I couldn't help but smile. I loved him, but how did he feel about me? If he liked me, he sure was good at showing it, but so was I. We have been best friends for about 10 years now. Each day I've fell for him more.

Elliot's POV
Her. Her smile. Her laugh. Her eyes. She's perfect. That's one reason why I divorced Kathy. Our relationship wasn't great anymore, she hated Liv, she always called her my "office wife". I hated that.

Kathy knew the second she saw Liv and I together...the relationship we had together, that she was out of the picture. I fell in love with Liv, slowly, each and every day.

I'm just glad that Kathy and I didn't have any children together because this would've broke them. They probably would've blamed the divorce on Liv. As I'm standing here in her apartment, it's so odd because what could she need to talk to me about?

If she liked me, she sure had a different way of showing it. She was great at that stuff...holding back. So, that's kind of why I'm still waiting for her to show me a sign.

We have great chemistry. I guess because the second we met, sparks flew and then, almost 10 years together at the precinct. I'll just see how this night goes.

Olivia's POV
"Are you ready to go out?" he said. I was still nervous.

"Yes, whenever you are," I said. I wanted to tell him he looked handsome, but I couldn't do it.

We walked out and took the elevator. It was awkward silence.

"You look beautiful," he said, breaking the silence.

"You look very handsome tonight," I said, kind of laughing a little.

"I tried," he said while laughing. I started laughing too.

He was great at making me laugh. We were almost to the first floor, when all of a sudden, the elevator stopped.

We looked at each other and pressed the emergency button. Until someone gets to the elevator, here we are. Stuck in this elevator, together.