Chapter Thirteen

A/N: I'll be ending this story on chapter fifteen but there will be a sequel so follow me so you can get notified when I put that up. Also this chapter MIGHT be triggering to some people idk

Kyles P.O.V

I hid in my empty closet in my empty room in this horrible town. My dad had just gotten home from this new bar and I was more scared than ever of his because I am in Florida alone with him. He is the only one I know here.

I never told Johnnie the actual reason why I left. My parents were actually about to get a divorce and my dad wanted to move far away and get a fresh start but I thought he was going to take my brother but no he took me and left my brother at home with my mom. So now all he does is drink and then comes home and tells me how much of a disappointment I am.

He also took my phone and threw it out a window while we were on a highway so now I have no way to contact anyone. Not the police. Not my mom. Not Johnnie. Nobody. And to make it worse I can't go outside without his permission because he licks me in my room. He honestly wins worst father award. I mean what could I do. The only thing he promised is he would kick me out and pay for my college when I am 18 so I will "stop bothering him and never have to see him again,".

The opening of the door interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to my alcoholic of a father. My closet door was closed so he couldn't see me but I could see him. Tears started to spill. What did I do to deserve any of this? I did nothing. He slid the door open and kicked me straight in the gut. I cried out in pain.

"You know better then to hide from me!" He yelled making my ears ring. If we weren't in the middle of no where I guarantee one of the neighbors would have called the police. I didn't  say anything so he took his hands out from behind his back and pulled out a belt from behind his back. I scooted as close to the wall as I could get. But there was no use because I was cornered. He yanked me out of the closet so I was on my new bedroom floor.

"Take off your shirt now," he demanded. I did as I was told because I didn't want to make it worse then it already had to be.

All of a sudden I felt a sharp sting on my back as he whipped me with the leather belt. It stung but it definitely wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. He did it 4 or 5 more times before leaving me crying on the floor. I honestly didn't care about anything anymore. I didn't care about my friends. I didn't care about my family. I don't even care about Johnnie anymore. I just wanted to die.

I don't want to be alive anymore. I cried in the corner. I felt blood trickling down my back which made me cry even harder. I grabbed the box of clothes in my room and dug around to find an empty box of blades. I sighed remembering that Johnnie had flushed them. I just curled up in a ball and fell asleep on my pile of clothes.

---

I heard my dad leave and I got up and used a paper clip I found in one of my clothing pockets to unlock my door. The house was all unpacked and actually looked nice and like a normal home for 2-3 people. I emptied my thoughts and returned to my original mission to find blades or something.... Anything to cause me pain cause apparently I deserved it and I believed what my dad said cause I was extremely gullible. If a random person said I shouldn't do this. I wouldn't. But there is nobody to say that so what's the point. I eventually found a pencil sharpener in the junk drawer so I took a screwdriver and took out the screw and took the blade out. I went into my room and cut my fading scars over again. My white, pale skin now covered in blood. I couldn't help but think how disappointed Johnnie would be. But he wasn't here, it wasn't his place to stop me. So I kept slashing.

A/N: sorry this is so dark but it's kind of a dark place in the book. I'm so excited for the sequel though. The sequel won't be triggering. Thanks for reading :)