Chapter Three

Johnnies P.O.V

We had been at the park for about an hour. We hadn't spoke much. Just casual conversation like what classes we have in school and stuff. We actually had 4/6 classes together which made me happy even though I doubt the most popular guy in school would sit next to me it would ruin his rep.

I looked over at Kyle who was sitting on the other side of the bench playing with a loose Monster sticker on the bottoms of his board. I noticed the bandages on his wrists it looked like it was about to fall off but it was still there.

"What happened?" I asked, pointing to his both wrists.

"Nothing," he said shoving both hands into his pockets. His skinny jean pockets were right so he winced in pain.

Letting the curiosity take over I scooted closer every few minutes until I was right next to him. I don't even think he noticed. I licked his cheek playfully like the person I am which caused him to take both hands out of his pocket. I grabbed his wrist and tore the band-aid off before he could pull it away again.

What I saw made me sad. There was hundreds of tiny scars covering his wrists going every which way. Why would he do this? He had the life of popularity I would dream for and he was doing this to himself. I tore the other bandage off and examined it as well only to see the same as his first wrist.

He just let me. He had a blank expression on his face as he watched me look at his wrists.

"Why would you do this?" I asked sadly, my eyes probably filled with concern.

"None of your business," he said harshly.

"You can trust me," I insisted but he didn't budge.

"I barely know you," he stated.

"You can get to know me," I just wanted him to open up to me. I wanted him to be able to trust me even if it is just as a friend.

"How?" He questioned. He had a smile playing at the corner of his lips.

"Ask me any question and I'll answer honestly," I said jumping up and standing in front of him. Showing that I was listening.

"Last name?"

"Guilbert"

"Birthday?"

"August, 28th, 1997,"

"What else should I ask?" He whispered laughing. I shrugged.

"Just tell me why you cut yourself," I told him.

"I don't want to," he pouted which I found adorable.

"I'm list-ening," I said in a song type of voice.

"Fine," he sighed and took a deep breath.

-----

He finished his story and pretty much told me everything except why his parents hated him.

"So can we be friends," I asked nudging him.

He was so depressed it made me sad. I don't like when nice, kind people are depressed. It breaks my heart.

"I guess," he muttered. He didn't sound annoyed. Just sad.

"Do you want to go home?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Do you want to go to my house for a bit?" I questioned. I didn't want to freak him out but I'm not just going to leave him here.

We rode back to my house. We passed his and I noticed cars were now in his driveway. He shielded his head and I swore I could have saw a tear roll down his cheek, I didn't say anything though.

A few minutes later we arrived at my house. I led him around back and climbed up the ladder that leads to my window. I saved up money and bought this so I could go out whenever I wanted. We stepped into my room and he looked around in awe.

"You like nightmare before Christmas?" He asked. No. Everything in my room is nightmare before Christmas and I fucking hate that movie.

"Duh." I replied dumbly.

Kyle looked at all of my things that were out in the open. We actually found that we had a lot in common including how much we both liked bands and batman. I even showed him the batman tattoo I got on my forearm. I still can't believe my parents haven't noticed that yet.

"How'd you manage to get a tattoo?" He asked skeptically.

"I know a guy," I mumbled cockily.

We must have talked for a couple hours about our favorite bands and actors before he said he had to go home.

"Kyle?" I caught his attention before he headed out the door. I went to my desk and wrote down my phone number on a neon green sticky note.

"If you ever feel like hurting yourself again, call me." I handed him the note, he nodded then continued back home. I shut my window and sighed as I lay on my bed. I fell asleep with images of Kyles gorgeous eyes and awesome personality running through my head.

This definitely was a crush. But it is the only crush I've ever had.