A Tablesspoon of Romance

Elissa's P.O.V

Today was the worst last day if school ever, and to make things worst my parents left me a note saying that they were taking a cruise without me. I could have used sometime to get away. I mean with everything that's been going on I need sometime to think. At least tonight I have the lake party.

Me and Nick planned together, but we decided to go with our friends and just meet up.

I attempted to cover up my eye, and it sort of worked but there was a tint of black and blue.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Anna: Hey so I'll be there to pick you up in 15 minutes! What are you wearing?

Me: k, I'm wearing the outfit I bought with Nick on our mall date!

Anna: cute! I'm wearing my American flag cropped top with denim shorts!

Me: that's way to showy!

Anna: *rolls eyes* k I'll be there in 10 now!

I shut my phone off and finished getting ready.

I put on my black wedges and straightened my hair. I wore it down and made a part on the left side if my head. I put on a little lip gloss, mascara, and foundation.

A knock came from my door, it was Anna.

"Hey!" I beamed ask gave her a hug. "Hi!" She answered. ''Your eye is barely noticeable!" She said. I smiled as we walked to her car.

"So are you and Nick going to...you know...pop the cherry?" She asks and laughs.

I shift around uncomfortably.

"Of course not." I say.

"I trust Nick, but not enough to sleep with him. I mean if I did and he left me I would be just a dare." I explain.

"Well if you get lucky just make sure to use protection." She says and winks. "Its more fun if you put it on them yourself." She adds.

"It scares me to know that you've done that before." I say and shudder.

Nicks P.O.V

Me and Conner were driving to the Lake when I remembered he had a dare too.

"Hey dude, did you every ask out a teacher?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I got the new young brunette one." He said.

"Have you gone on five dates with Whatever here name is." He aske.

"I've gone on two official dates, well three if a funeral counts, and I had a 1 minute kiss!" I tell him.

"Almost there. And then you get to move on!" He tells me.

Usually, I don't mind kicking a dare away, but Elissa was different. She was kind, and I kind of cared about her.

When we arrived, the sun was just starting to set. I looked around the full parking lot and saw Anna's car. I couldn't help it, but a small smile crept on my face.

We headed towards the lake when suddenly I bumped into someone. It was Aaron. I really didn't feel like talking to her right now.

"Ew, nick!" She spat. I rolled my eyes. And kept walking.

"Hey! I'm not done with you!" She hollered at me.

"Ok, we'll I'm done with you." I told her rudely. Suddenly she grabbed my arm.

"Listen, you better not be playing her!" She whispered to me.

"Why would you even care?" I told her.

"Because even though we got in fights, doesn't mean I don't still care." She said looking down at the ground. I guess Aaron did have a heart anyway.

I didn't want to hang around any longer so I walked away from her.

Suddenly I spotted Elissa. She was talking to Anna and Conner.

Wait what, she was talking to Conner. Elissa wasn't Conners favorite person.

"Hey guys." I said as I joined there group.

"Hey!" Elissa beamed as she gave me a quick peck on the cheek. She's done nothing to deserve me to leave her.

"Guys I'm going to take Elissa on a boat ride.'' I told the group. Elissa's eyes grew wide as I dragged her to the boats.

When I rowed us out to the middle of the lake she looked me in the eye. "I really do love you." She told me. I smiled. She came over and hugged me. She leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Your not like most girls.''I told her.

"Is that good?" She asked. I've never told any girl this but the truth was it was how I felt and she wasn't just a dare, she was something more.

"I love you too." I told her. She smiled up at me. I told my self I would never use that word unless I really meant it...and I think i mean it. I mean I really do like her, and...I don't know...