1 teaspoon of hatred

Elissa's P.O.V

"I really want to love somebody, I really wanna dance the night away...." My alarm sings. Usually when I wake up at six in the morning, and go to scool, I'm all grouchy but this morning was different.

It's the last day of school. Since me, Liz, and Aaron's friend-breakup I've been hanging out with a girl named Anna, She's popular, but not she's not mean like most popular kids.

I decided to shower extra good. I put my hair in a side braid, and I make sure my makeup is perfect. I put on a pretty lace white sundress. I grab my bag and get my breakfast.

I decide to walk to school since I have extra time.

The air was warm. There was a nice breeze that made the little strands of hair that weren't in the braid blow. Suddenly I bump into someone.

"I'm so sor-" I stop myself from apologizing when I see who it is. I forgot that Aaron and Liz walk to school too.

"Ugh why is there a pest out here, I thought we lived in a non-pest environment." Aaron says. Thats the dumbest insult ever.

"Listen you don't have to be mean!" I replied annoyed.

"Oh look it talks, we need an exterminator!" Liz said. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh Aaron I didn't know you got a job as a clown, you forgot to take off the makeup." I joke. "And Liz you must be her assistant, but you left the wig on." I add. That may have topped Aaron's insult for the dumbest insult.

"Just shut up pest!" Liz shouts.

"Make me! You clown!" I shout louder.

The anger gets the best of me and I slap Liz right on the cheek giving her a red tattoo of my hand.

She holds her cheek. Suddenly I feel a fist collide with my eye. I try to open it but I can't. It felt sore.

"Oh look how hasn't removed their clown makeup!" Aaron smirked as they walked away.

I pulled out my phone and opened my camera app. No! It can't be happening not on the last day. I had a black eye. It was all swollen.

What about Nick, he can't see me like this! I quickly panicked. I looked at the time and it was time to go to school. I jogged home and got my sunglasses. I decided that would hide the swolleness for the day.

When I got to school I people were whispering and laughing at me. I tried to think about what I did. When I arrived to my locker and I looked in my mirror. It turns out my sunglasses were slipping off. Everyone just saw my black and purple eye.

"Ugh can this day get any worse!" I mumbled under my breath. And then it got worst. Nick showed up. He was going to see me like this. "Hey." He said in a sympathetic tone. "You know don't you." He nodded yes. My cheeks started flaring up.

"Hey b****!" Said Aaron's snobbish voice. I decide to ignore her. But instead if leaving me alone she pushes me, making me bang my head on my locker door. "Ow!" I shouted.

"Hey back off." Said a deep warm familiar voice. I looked behind me and nick was walking towards her.

''I can't hit a girl but if you were a boy I would chew your fake extensions off." He snapped. Aw..

Nicks P.O.V

I don't know what extensions are but I hear girls talking about them all the time. Maybe there some zombie killing weapon! Any way focus Nick your defending Elissa.

I noticed a crowd with jaws dropped. I mean who wouldn't be shocked everyone knows I don't defend people! "My hair is real!" She cried. Oh so it's fake hair. Girls are weird a zombie tool would be so much better.

I look around and spot of coffee cup. I grabbed it from the person in and splashed it all over her. The crowd ohed and awwed. "Ugh! I hate you Nick Brown!" She shouted as she stomped away.

"Thanks." Elissa said once the crowd left. I nodded my head. "So what happened to your eye?" I asked her. "Let's just say Aaron's fist met my eye, and they weren't friends." She answered. I chuckled at her statement.

Elissa takes of to go see one of her friends.

"Hey." Conner says.

"Hey." I say not as chirpy as he said it.

"Whats wrong?" Liam asks, who was with Conner.

"Nothing." I say meaner than I should of.

"Dude." Conner says giving me an unconvinced look.

"Okay, fine. My dad called me today and said that my mom's not doing good! They don't know how much longer she's going to make it." I say. My mom was diagnosed with cancer when I was about 10.

"Woah, dude. I'm so sorry." Liam says patting my back.

"How's your dad?" Conner asks me.

"You guys know how he gets when they say she's not going to make it. He goes out and gets drunk and takes his anger out on me." I explain.

"Well if you ever need to get out of the house, know your welcome to come to my place." Conner says.

"Same, my mom is your mom." Liam adds.

I give them a fake smile and walk over to class. Honestly class is the last place I want to be right now.

Aaron's P.O.V

"I feel bad." I tell Liz.

"Why. Don't she deserved that black eye." Liz says handing me some extra clothes from her locker. Leave it to Liz to bring clothes to school.

"And Nick's a douchè for pouring that on you." She defends.

"Ya, but if I had just shut my mouth that wouldn't of have happened." I say.

"Aaron! She. Deserved. It!" Liz says shaking me.