5 cups of sadness

Elissa's P.O.V.

When we arrive at Erny's funeral people are already starting to cry. I sit in the second row next to Nick.

My eyes scan the area and then they land on the casket with the body of the man I looked up to. I feel two tears drip down my cheeks. How am I going to get through this speech?

"We gather here today, for the burial of Erny Mackenhower. He was a great man who owned the delicious Cupcakery. He lived a long happy life, 91 years." The man goes on.

He calls on me to go up for my speech. I was already crying from this mans speech, how am I supposed to get through mine? I take a deep breath and walk up on stage.

"Um hello everyone. I want to start off by saying that Erny was an amazing man, he made me laugh on the most downest days, he was there when I was born, and he practically raised me." The thoughts all come back to me.

"I'm sorry." I say as I start to cry harder. I look over at Nick who was mouthing "Its ok." He actually looks sympathetic, thats a look I've never seen on him.

"Um I'm sorry can I have a moment." I ask the main man. "Of course." He replies.

I run out the door and sit outside. I started sobbing like a 5 year old. I remembered the day he told me he was diagnosed with cancer.

"Hey Erny where are you going?" I asked him as he was heading out the door.

"Oh um Elissa I need to talk to you." He told me. He never called me Elissa. This must he serious

I went around the counter and followed him to a corner. ''I went for my 6 month check up and....they said I was diagnosed with a rare cancer." He told me.

My heart sunk, I never saw him this sad. I started to cry but he gave me hug. "It will be alright." He reassured me.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I don't, but we just have to hope. I love you child, and for me to stay strong I need you to stay stronger." He tells me

My thoughts faded as Nick comes out. "Hey, are you okay?'' He asks. I usually hate people to see me cry but honestly right now I couldn't care less. I shake my head no.

"Listen I didn't know Erny that well but he sounds really amazing, and he wouldn't want you to be sad." Nick tells me sympathetically.

"He was." I tell him as I smile thinking of Erny's smile.

Nick sits next to me. "I looked over your speech in the car and it was great, you need to finish it." He tells me.

"Thanks but it's to hard to think of the memories." I answer. I looked over and see he had a tear running down his cheek.

This reminded me of the time I was with Erny.

"Hey Elissa come here." Erny told me seriously. "Yes?" I asked as I followed him outside. We sat down on a bench.

"The doctors said I only have about 5 months to live." He explained.

My heart started to speed up as tears flowed from my eyes. I looked over at him and he had a tear trickling down his cheek.

"This can't be true. There has to he a way!" I screamed.

"Theres no cure, I'm sorry." He says and that single tear falls of his face leaving a wet dot on his pants.

"Ok I'll go back." I finally say.

I find the courage to finish my speech with tears and laughs.

After the funeral we are escorted to a limo and we are driven to the grave yard. It was time for him to go, forever.

When we got there we went up to the casket. We were allowed to say a few words.

"Erny you were the best person alive. There needs to be more people like you in this world...I'm going to miss you more than you can Imagine. When you told me you had only 5 more months I went home and laid in bed and cried that whole night." I tell the lifeless body.

"I will make good decisions, stay good in school, and stay a virgin." I laugh with tears running in my mouth. How would he feel about Nick. I mean he didn't think too highly of him.

"Goodbye Erny, I love you." I end my speech to him and place a white rose on his casket.

I sit next to Nick and cry in his arms and they drop the casket in the large hole underground.

"I'm gonna miss him so much." I sob.

"I know, I know." Nick whispers as he kisses the top of my head.

________________________________________

A/N:

R.I.P ERNY👼

Hope y'all liked it.

~Sarah💕