"I don't think so," he drawled with a crooked smile.  "I suppose there is always the consolation prize.  You being female and all, they're going to breed you and if I turn you in then I will be the fortunate one to experience all of this sweet flesh." 

His hands then cupped her breasts roughly.   Fear beat a tattoo in Hope's chest, so much so that she let out a blood curdling scream.

The windows in the car shattered around them.  Shards of glass landed everywhere, on Hope, on Joey, in the seat and on the dashboard.  The ground began to shake violently, rocking the car back and forth as Hope's power began to unleash itself in response.  The shock of the changing situation was just enough for Joey to lose his concentration and let go of Hope.   That was all that Hope needed.

She seized the opportunity and took advantage of her new-found freedom.  Not worrying about the broken glass, she slid over the seat and flung open the door.  The ground was still quaking and it was hard for her to hold her balance but she managed to get out of the car and slam the door behind her, slamming it in Joey's face.  She heard his string of curses and didn't think twice about stopping, only running and escape.  She had to get away from him.

"You bitch!" Joey exclaimed and shoved the door back open.  He caught a flash of her white shirt as she ran off into the woods and smiled an insane smile, knowing that she would be cornered.  "Your going to pay for that Hope," he sang out much calmer now as he stepped out of the car.   He started to head for the house to get his tracker and stopped at the bottom step, glancing behind him, he called out to her once more, "You can run babe, but you can't hide.  I will get you. You can bank on that."

With that being said he darted up the steps and flew into the house.  He made a bee line for his room while calling his father, filling him in on the situation.  He would get Hope, he would capture her and place her into custody.  Then she will serve the Secret Service like her kind was supposed to do, and him he thought with a wry smile.  He would get his badge and his little play toy too. 

Patience, he just  needed a little patience and she would run straight to his trap.  That he had no doubts of.

**************************************************************************************************************

Hope ran.  She didn't know where she was running to or where she was going to go, just knew that she had to keep running.  Tree after tree passed by her in a blur.  She had tripped several times on loose rocks and her legs had been snagged time after time by briar's.  She was a mess, she was tired and she hurt but she still continued to run.

Darkness was setting in and she had yet been able to find her way out of these damn woods.  She stopped, bracing herself up against a tree, panting in short, bated breaths.  She had been running for hours now and every muscle in her body ached.  Her head felt like it was about to explode and  exhaustion was quickly taking over.  Adrenaline had been her gas and she was now running on empty.

Boneless, she sank to the ground.  Just a few minutes.  A few measly minutes of rest was all that she needed and then she would get up and move again.  Just a few minutes...... she thought to herself as her heavy lids closed, and  fatigue finally won out.