Chapter twenty three

Lady Gayle was awaken with a hard slap. She didn't see the culprit since her eyes shot up to see both Train and Tamel standing in front of her.

She was tied to a chair with thick manila rope with her arms to her side. She looked around to see she was in her own kitchen and that the two men she was trying to the hardest to get rid of not only invaded her house like they did her once estranged baby father but captured her as well.

"Hey, don't slap my mother like that," someone said behind the brothers and laughed.

Lady Gayle knew right then that her prodigal daughter was also in the room with them and was having a laugh at her expense. Lady Gayle couldn't believe she of all people would be cut off guard. She was smarter than King, but she had let herself get captured by the same men that got him. The same men that used to be her underlings. Lady Gayle had to laugh in her head of the notion.

"Hey, Mommie Dearest," Train smiled. "Glad to see you woke up to join us. We was tired of taking a nap." Train turned back and winked at Charmaine. "A good right hook I heard. Sorry I missed it."

"Fuck you," Lady Gayle spat. "If you think you can ransack my house and find all my secrets like that fool King, you are sadly mistaken. I..."

"Yeah, yeah, we didn't come for that," Train interrupted. "One empire was enough, don't need two. We're not on a Fox Five television show and my name isn't Hakeem."

"You think you are so funny and smug," Lady Gayle remarked. "This will not go unpunished like it did with King. I will..."

"Yeah, yeah, have our heads," Train chimed in again. "Look, King probably was saying the same thing. And we did that fool in. So now we're here for part two. Or if the readers been following along, book three."

Tamel looked at Train strangely. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Train shook his head. "Never mind. Anyway, since you basically did all this for the sake of your forgotten daughter, I think it's only fair for you and her to have a proper introduction."

Train stepped back and let Charmaine walk up.

Lady Gayle looked up at the woman who was once the little girl she abandoned, the little girl that had to grow up in a terrible lie and a little girl whose whole world fell apart because she wanted revenge more than being a mother. She knew Charmaine had nothing but hatred in her heart for her but she still wanted to be able to tell her side of the story.

"I suppose I deserve all of this after all I did to you," Lady Gayle said to Charmaine.

Charmaine tried to hold back to the tears. "I just want to know why?"

Tamel tapped Train on the arm. "Maybe we should let them talk alone for a minute. Let's look around."

"Why? This is better than a TV reality show," Train reasoned. "Besides there is nothing but dead people in there and it smells like one of them made a death fart.'

"Let's go," Tamel said. "I want to see if she's lying about secrets laying around the house."

"Ain't nothing in this house but catalog furniture and fancy paintings on the wall," Train remarked. "Looked like Martha Stewart threw up ideas in that room. Besides I told you there are dead bodies back there and one of them took a post mortem dump in their pants."

Tamel grabbed Train by the arm. "We'll be back."

"I know this fancy bitch got some air freshener in this bitch," Train said leaving with Tamel. "Some Airwick or something."