Chapter three

Lady Gayle had underestimated Tamel Richards, alias MeloDrama, and she was going to make sure that she didn't make that same mistake again. But she needed some help from an adversary who was very well known for dealing with problems especially of the male persuasion.

Lady Gayle walked to the front door of the hotel suite where her connect was staying at and was greeted by a dark skinned muscular sentry dressed in a tight body suit and dress slacks that patted her down before opening the door for her to enter. He spoke into his head mike as Lady Gayle entered and nodded his head.

"Go to the living room," the sentry said. "Envy will be out shortly."

Lady Gayle smiled and proceeded farther into the suite. There were another sentry posted by the wall who moved to close the door behind her. This sentry had on the same attire as the one out front, head piece and all, except he was holding a small automatic weapon in his hand as he went back to his wall post. Another body guard came towards her and directed Lady Gayle to the living room.

Lady Gayle had to admire the beauty of the hotel suite. It was something out of Homes and Garden, with a balcony to boot. This looked more like a millionaire's summer loft. The living room looked like it should be in a publication book all by itself. Plush white sofa and living room set, plush coffee colored carpet, complete with end tables and a center piece with a flower vase on it. Lady Gayle almost didn't want to sit, scared she would mess up the structure of the sofa or stain it somehow. She finally brushed her hand down the side of her pencil skirt and sat on the end part of the couch with her legs crossed.

Lady Gayle heard what sounded like heels clicking on the porcelain floor of the bathroom that was on the far right of the living room and the bathroom door opening. Lady Gayle couldn't see but she could the clicking turn to soft steps as she felt a presence walking behind her going around the couch. Lady Gayle put on her winning smile as the figure came into view.

"Envy," Lady Gayle smiled extending her hand about to get up off the couch.

The immaculate ebony beauty in the chiffon maxi dress shook her manicured hand with Lady Gayle but noted with her hand for Lady Gayle not to get up. Lady Gayle kept seated and just marveled at the essence known as Envy Tenders.

Envy Tenders was a true sight to behold. Flawless mocha skin, with rough cheek bones and a small waist. Her collar bone covered by pearls and a silk scarf. Her hands freshly manicured with a nail polish that couldn't be found in any Korean or Spanish nail salon. Her feet got the same treatment and that could be seen through the Louie Vuitton strap sandals that looked so elegant on her feet. Envy's long auburn hair covered all the way down to her back and made her seem even taller than her 6'3 frame suggested.

Envy smiled her pearly whites as she sat adjacent to Lady Gayle on the loveseat. Envy leaned back like a queen on her throne and studied Lady Gayle for a minute before speaking.

"I see you have made good on her promise," Envy started.

Lady Gayle nodded, finally proud of her accomplishment. She had gotten back what was taken from her so long ago, her respect and her position in life. King had casted her aside and forgot about her but she clawed her way to the top and got her revenge. It took longer than anticipated but it was all worth in the end. Now she needed to start closing the chapters in her life and making amends. The first one being her daughter. She knew that meeting was going to be a tough one but necessary. Lady Gayle hoped she could convince her daughter that she did all of this for not only her benefit but her little girl as well.

"Yes, definitely," Lady Gayle said. "It took some time but..."

"Time is how the best revenge is served," Envy cut her off. "The best time to strike is always when people forget why they are being smitten."