chapter eighteen

"Where are we?"

Charmaine walked through the secret entrance after Tamel of 'The Plaza' and was awed of how it looked inside compared to the condemned way it was set up outside.

"The Plaza," Tamel informed and he pointed to the same chair he had first sat in when he came there a couple of months prior.

Charmaine looked at the disgorged chair at first before sitting down on it.

"What is this place?" Charmaine asked looking around from her seat.

"What does it look like?" Tamel snapped back. "Used to be a former crack house. Why you keep asking so many question?"

"Hey, I just want to know where I'm at," Charmaine came back. "I'm tired of being snatched up or dragged somewhere and not now where I'm going."

Tamel shook his head and headed to the back of the room where the padlock had been placed on the door to their gun inventory.

Tamel popped the lock and went to gather some more arsenal.

"Why are we here?" Charmaine called out while Tamel got his weaponry in order.

"Preparing," Tamel simply stated.

Charmaine turned around in her chair. "Preparing for what?"

"War," Charmaine heard behind her and Tamel quickly picked up a gun and pointed to where he heard the voice.

"That's how you greet me," Train smiled.

Charmaine jumped up out of her chair and gave him a hug. "I thought they got you."

"It's me," Train was a little overwhelmed by Charmaine's embrace. "You know you can't kill me until I give the say so."

"Well, glad you here, dog," Tamel said placing his weapon back in the duffle bag he pulled from the corner. "Now we can start making moves."

"Can you finally tell me what the hell is really going on?" Charmaine asked.

Train broke from Charmaine's embrace and walked towards Tamel.

"So I still get the silent treatment when I ask the real questions," Charmaine was fuming.

She had been through too much and she still hadn't gotten any answers. She was getting tired of these two men dragging her here and there and not telling her anything. Today she was going to find out something.

Charmaine quickly walked into their storage room and grabbed a Colt Python snubbed nose pistol and walked up to two men.

Tamel and Train were busy whispering to each other and packing up weapons to even notice Charmaine creeping behind them. Charmaine got some distance then pointed the small barreled weapon at them.

"Hey, I said answer my question," Charmaine said.

The two brothers were still in their own conversation.

Charmaine raised the pistol and pulled the trigger. A loud bang echoed through the whole room and piece of dust and wood fall down beside her.

Train and Tamel turned around immediately beyond startled.

"Are you crazy?" Tamel asked. "You almost got yourself killed. Let alone almost killed us. You know that shit could have woke up the whole block."

"I don't care," Charmaine stated pointing the gun back at them both. "I'm tired of being ignored. Now you two motherfuckers are going to answer me today."