Chapter seventeen

"Okay, you mind telling me why you just shot at the car and now we on a high speed chase down the damn street?" Tamel barked as he turned the steering wheel hard to make the car make sharp right turn.

"Um, because they're bad guys sent to kill us," Train informed putting a fresh clip in his Colt M1911 chrome .45 pistol. He snapped back the lever to put the bullet in the chamber and watched as it snapped back in place.

Train had just finished emptying out his first full clip from his gun shooting at the Chevrolet Trailblazer that he saw the same guy in the Muslim garb he encountered when he got Charmaine from Spelman was in. Train didn't wait for any retaliation before he was back in the Tamel's Toyota telling Tamel 'to step on it.'

"Yo, this car is not meant for this," Tamel noted. "It was meant to be inconspicuous and blend in, not be a damn getaway car for a bunch of motherfuckers with guns."

"Well, if you got a better idea, I would love to hear it" Train replied. "I'll wait."

Tamel just glanced at Train quickly and continued maneuvering his vehicle through the crowded streets.

"I thought so," Train said. "Just try to lose them."

"I can't lose them in this," Tamel said swerving the Toyota at the precise moment it was about to run into the back of another car. "Besides the traffic is too heavy and I can't keep dodging cars like I'm playing Frogger."

Train looked back at the two Trailblazers that were still on their bumper ramming into cars that they had just passed. Train knew these gunmen didn't care about any human life. Their objective was to get Train and Tamel and possibly Charmaine and this time they would not accept failure.

"We have to do something," Train tried to think of a plan.

Charmaine was looking back through the back window at all the carnage the two Trailblazers were causing trying to catch up to them, She never thought she would be the cause for all this destruction.

"What do they want?" Charmaine asked frantic.

"You," Tamel said bluntly.

"Cops going to be out here soon and then we going to have some real fun on our hands," Tamel said. "If you got any more magic tricks to pull out your ass, now would be the time to use them.

Train took a deep breath and tried real hard to come up with some kind of outcome that would benefit them or at least give them some time.

"Charmaine, you know how to shoot?" Train inquired.

"What kind of dumb question is that?" Charmaine snapped back. "Aren't you the one that has been shooting?"

"Well, yeah, but that was just fun on my part," Train answered. "But shit, you didn't learn shit the whole time you was with me and I was capping niggas."

"Yeah, not to get in the way," Charmaine replied back.

"Touché," Train nodded.

"Hey, what's the plan?" Tamel asked seeing through the vanity mirror above his head, the trucks were getting closer to them.

"Crash," Train said. "And give me your gun."

"What?" Tamel asked.

"I said, crash and give me your gun," Train repeated.

"Crash where?' Tamel asked confused. "Crash into what? What the fuck are you talking about? How is that going to help us?"

Train smiled. "Trust me, see that McDonalds up ahead. Crash right into it. But give me your gun first and buckle your seat belts. Charmaine, hold on tight. Look, baby boy, have I ever let you down? Just do it. I saw it in a movie once."