Chapter one

Tamel remembered the feel of that cold steel when it first touched his hands. The look of the dealer that sold it to him was priceless. He knew that the kid that gave him the piece knew he wasn't a killer.

The dealer looked at the young Tamel reluctantly. "You sure about this, homie?"

Tamel nodded even though he knew he wasn't hundred percent sure as he should be. He was about to commit murder but at the time he didn't see it like that, he saw it as one thing. It was revenge.

A cold hearted bastard had not only murdered his mother but violated her in the worst way. The detective that came to his apartment was sympathetic about the situation but was more concerned with his living situation. The detective was more interested in why a kid was left alone while a mother worked to support the household rather than try to find the murderous rapist that took his mother from him.

Tamel remembered being driven down to the police station. He remembered all the looks he got as that detective brought him down for the whole neighborhood to know and see and gossip.

That road to the police station felt like the longest ever. The detective let him sit in the front seat, let him play with the siren. All Tamel kept telling himself was that it was a bad dream.

At the police station, he realized it really wasn't. His mother was gone and worse of all, the police knew who do it but couldn't do anything about it.

They were busy trying to get a social worker down there to put him in foster care or some sort of liberal custody until they could find a family member or someone that could take him in the meantime. Tamel felt like his head was in a daze as he sat next to a desk he assumed belonged to another detective. Tamel wanted to see his mother, at last, identify her but the detective that brought him in was acting like she was beyond being seen.

Tamel just sat by that desk crying remembering the last words his mother said, remembering that last kiss she placed on his forehead, remembering....

Then it happened. A strange calm came over him and al he heard is in his ears was 'Get him.' Tamel never heard a voice so clearly in his life. He looked around but all he saw were officers and other law enforcers scattering around and talking amongst themselves. Tamel don't know how or why but he just got up and left.

He ended up walking to a dealer on the block and asking for a weapon. The dealer was a young teenager himself and knew Tamel from school when he used to attend but he had also heard about Tamel's mother.

"Listen, man..."the dealer said.

"You know what happened?" a tear came down Tamel's face even though he looked emotionless.

The dealer saw the determination in Tamel's eyes but was still hesitant. Tamel figured it was about money so he started searching through his pockets.

"I don't have much..." Tamel said going through his pockets.

The youngster stopped him. "Look, man, I don't want your money. I want you to know that once I give you this, you're ready to handle what comes with it."

Tamel looked at the young hoodlum and nodded.

The dealer looked around before pulling out a .38 special revolver.

He placed it in Tamel's palm and placed his hands over Tamel's. "Two things happen from here on out. One is that when you use it, you make sure you're making the right decision. The second is that you don't know me or where you get this gun from."