Chapter Fifteen

"Why every time bad niggas got to turn off the lights when they want to come in blazing?" Train asked ducking behind the side of the soundboard. "I mean we ain't the Daredevil. Turn them shits on so I can see what I'm put a bullet in."

"Would you be quiet?" Tamel said from the other side of the soundboard in a prone position as well. "When these motherfuckers come in here, we have to be on point."

"I'm just saying why they got to turn off the goddamn lights," Train reasoned. "I mean this ain't a Batman movie."

Tamel told Train to be quiet again but he could still hear Train mumbling.

"Charmaine, where you at, baby girl?" Train asked.

"The sound booth," Charmaine whispered.

Train heard more gunshots coming from outside but farther down the hall.

"Look, we can't stay in here," Train rationalized. "They killing innocent motherfuckers out there looking for us. We got to bring the shit to them."

"I don't know, man," Tamel held his firearm tightly to his chest. "I don't even know how many are out there."

"Doesn't matter," Train replied. "They coming in here regardless so I say we go out there Butch and Cassidy style."

Tamel huffed. "I guess you make a point."

They heard a female scream followed by another array of gunshots.

"Shit, they killing bitches out there," Train rose up. "And that sounded like Jessica. Damn, I wanted to fuck her before..."

The shots were coming close. Doors could be heard being kicked open and then bullets being sprayed afterwards.

"I don't know about you," Train said crouching towards the door. "But I wasn't raised to be a punk. If Death is coming for me, I want to stare that nigga right in the eye and see who blinks first."

"I'm with you, bro." Tamel said readying his weapon.

"Charmaine stay here," Train instructed. "If we don't make it back, that means we're dead. So better pray because your ass is definitely next."

"How you going to say that shit," Tamel shook his head.

"Like I'm lying," Train said. "Look, when I open this door, I'm coming out shooting hoping I don't cap another chick I wanted to fuck. We do this on one...two..."

The door busted open making Train fall back on the floor. He didn't hesitate. He just raised his gun and started shooting. He couldn't see anything but shadows. But he did hear someone curse in pain and one of the shadows disappeared from the door.

Train saw muzzle flashed coming from the side of him meaning Tamel was doing some target practice as well. Train crawled back to his original spot by the soundboard and, took a breath and started shooting towards the door frame.

The door was still open showing an even darker hallway but no more shadows could be seen. Train heard what sounded like voices and static like a walkie-talkie.

"They're up here, fifth floor," Train heard the voice say. "They got Rook."

"What the fuck we shooting at chess pieces?" Train whispered to himself.

"Come up here now!" the voice was ordering he was talking to. "We got five minutes until the Blues come. We're by the door but we're getting resistance."