chapter two

Detective Street light his cigarette and covered the front end part with palm of his hand as he puffed to prevent the wind from ruining his smoke. He was standing beside a new unmarked Toyato sedan unofficially issued by the department he worked for.

His brother stood beside him detesting the cold as well as he puffed on a blunt and stared at the empty parking lot that was soon to be a new development complex. Ever since Tamel and Train had taken over King's business ventures, they had rerouted all types of monies and resources for other projects throughout the city. One was a recreational center that they were now standing in front of that was still under construction. But Street nor his brother was fooled, all their good deed projects were all ways to filter their illegal money through. The centers, the children's softball field, and even investments in certain public schools were all ways to hide money and make money come back clean.

"Why we got to be kissing this motherfucker's ass?" Larenz all of a sudden asked. He was tired of playing patsy to those two used to be lackeys for Lady Gayle. "I mean we was setting them up before, now we working for them."

"No, we are working with them," Street corrected. "And I don't see you thinking of anything to get us out of this. They have a better hand than us. We need what they stole. Sure we could try to take it but I realized tangling with these guys does more harm than good. We've been going at them hard and what has it gotten us? Those motherfuckers took over the empire that we was under. How fucked up is that?"

Larenz just shook his head. "I just don't get how this all got fucked up."

"It did," Street said taking another puff palming the cigarette front again.

"Anyway we can cut our losses and get a new distributor?" Larenz asked.

"Not now," Street said. "We already behind. We need those niggas. No way around it."

"What makes them not just cut our throats after all we did to them?" Larenz was really worried about a double cross since they were the ones trying to ruin and end Train and Tamel's life.

"Comes with the territory," Street said. "We don't have any choice. If they back slide on us, we're fucked but not screwed. We still got shit on them, at least enough to jam them up if they try to make a move on us."

Larenz nodded. He was content with that answer as he took another puff of his Dutch Master. "Let's get this shit over with."

A black Ford Focus Coupe pulled up slowly in front of them. Street slowly put his hand inside his suit jacket to grip the butt of the gun in his holster. Larenz lifted up his hooded sweater a little to get better access to his firearm as well if something was to jump off.

The Coupe stopped and the windows rolled causing Street to flinch. Street dropped his cigarette and gripped the butt of his service revolver tighter. He looked at the face that was inside the coupe. The person wasn't Train or Tamel. It was a third party that both the Street brothers had grown to know since this whole ordeal started. He was the real mastermind and the reason Tamel and Train came into power so quickly. The man name was Wiz and that was exactly what he was. He was a computer wizard and a known hacker and extortionist. However, Wiz wasn't alone, he had two unknown assailants in the back seat obviously holding weapons ready for the Street brothers to take it to any level but civil.

"Where's Drama or Train?" Street asked.

"You deal with me," Wiz said. "We got a problem?"

"No," Street shook his head. "What you got for us."

Wiz reached for the passenger seat making Street almost ready to pull out his weapon but Street remained cool. Street looked back at Larenz. He knew Larenz was ready to pull out his gun and start blasting the moment he thought something was wrong.