Chapter ten

Tamel pulled his jeep up to the curb and turned off his engine. He looked around and then got out of the driver's seat.

He looked at the building that was once his old promising business before everything went to hell then back to sugar again. The Chicken Strip was under new management and had been torn down to make a nightclub. Tamel had forgotten how much space the building actually had. He wasn't into all that square feet logic so all he saw was a spacious space but didn't know the importance of the property he had.

Right now the building was under construction with a picture of how the finished project was supposed to look like on one of the scaffold walls. He glanced at it and smiled. The name of the club had not been offered in the description or in the picture. But Tamel already had a name in mind.

He heard a noise and another smile crept his face. He looked just in time to see a man scurrying from around the corner of the scaffold platform tucking in his pants and looking around nervously. The nervous man spotted Tamel, nodded sheepishly and ran off like he just committed a murder.

Tamel waited for five seconds for another person to emerge from the same spot the man just did. The figure appeared and smiled their famous toothless grin.

Tamel walked over to the person.

"Still Macky money?" she clutched the money she had in her hand to her chest.

Tamel nodded. "Still Macky money."

Cracky Macky seemed to breathe easier knowing she could keep her take. She really worked hard for this one. Her previous client had a small pinky finger type penis. She damned near had to sink in her cheeks to get the man to reach oral satisfaction. She earned that money.

"Any new information?" Tamel asked looking around.

Even through this place was now about to be a new renovation spot, it was still relatively quiet after the construction workers went home. Tamel was pretty sure that Cracky Macky tried to get some of their money too.

Cracky Macky looked confused like she didn't understand the question.

Tamel tried a different approach. "Anything new?"

"Men work here," Cracky Macky informed. "No good, Cheap. One tried to take. Macky has to wait."

Tamel nodded. She was complaining about the constructions workers not paying her and even trying to get it for free.

"Anybody been around looking for me?" Tamel inquired

Cracky Macky put her money in her bra and looked at Tamel like she was trying to think of an answer.

"Macky don't know," Cracky Macky finally replied. "You need some love?"

The toothless grin went up again.

"I'll pass," Tamel said.

-

-

Train looked impatient as he practically banged on the apartment door he was in front of. Train looked at Charmaine who was on the side of him hidden from the doorway.

Finally he heard the keyhole move then the door opened. Lushus stood there blowing a pile of smoke from the White Owl blunt she was holding in her hand.

"Damn, took you long enough," Train said annoyed.

"Why you knocking on the door like you the damn police!" Lushus lashed back at him.