Chapter 3: The Dance

Start from the beginning

"Daniel-son need rest." He said before he left. 

The next day I stayed home with Daniel who slept most of the day. Mr Miyagi came and gave him medicine. He was up and walking around 6 in the evening. 

The next day at school, Johnny and the guys ignored us. Not a word was uttered to me from Johnny.

Mr Miyagi picked us up from school and we drove over to the dojo to make amends. I stayed in the car for about ten minutes, then decided to go in. The sensei and Johnny were talking to Mr Miyagi. Johnny glanced at me as I walked up behind Mr Miyagi.

"At tournament." Mr Miyagi said. The sensei laughed, then agreed. 

"Do you like matching, Mr Lawrence?" Sensei asked Johnny.

"Yes, sensei!" He shouted. Why does he have to be so loud? 

"Will the girl be competing too?" The sensei asked sarcastically.

"Oh, you do NOT want to test these waters you prick." I snapped, raising my eyebrows.

"What did you just call me?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"A prick." I stated proudly.

"Lord you'd think he runs an Army base rather than a dojo." I said to Daniel as the sensei and Mr Miyagi talked. 

"Yes, sensei." Johnny said calmly, sneering at Daniel. 

I decided to wait for mom outside of her work. I sat down and started to work on homework. 

A half hour later, Johnny and his boys walked out of class towards me.

"You ok?" Johnny asked, looking down at me.

"Like you care." I said as I started to gather up my stuff. Bobby bent down to help. 

After everything was in my bag I stood up and walked around the corner to my mom's car. They followed. 

"Need a ride?" Johnny asked. 

"Michie, can you take a bus? I'm working late." Mom said, poking her head out of the back door. 

"Yeah. Maybe I'll just walk." I said, walking back to the front of the restaurant. 

"I can give you a ride." Johnny said. 

"Fine." I said, adjusting my backpack. I followed him to his red car after he said goodbye to the other guys. I guess he upgraded.

"You know Daniel brought this on himself, right?" Johnny said, glancing at me. 

"And exactly how?" I snapped, not bothering to look at him. 

"I was just sitting in the bathroom and then he decided to drench me with water." 

"Daniel wouldn't do something like that unless you were doing something stupid. Unless he was trying to be funny." I said, looking at Johnny.

"Well, I was rolling up weed." Johnny admitted, glancing at me.

"You were what?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. 

"Yeah. It takes the edge off." He said, stopping at a red light. I shook my head, rolling my eyes. 

"And now you guys are fighting at a tournament." I said with a sigh.

"Yep. This weekend. I hope you're there." He said, continuing to drive. 

"I will be, cheering my brother on." I said. 

"Oh really?" Johnny said with a laugh, glancing at me. I nodded, looking at the beach. Then we passed by my apartment complex.