Epilogue

Song: Home/ Dirty Paws: Gardiner Sisters

3 months later...

"Harry?" I was shook by Desiree who was alerting me to tend to Ollie who was fussing in his crib.

"Yeah?" I responded with my eyes still closed off from the dim light of the early morning. Keeping in my comfortable position I began drifting back off to sleep upon my answer to Desiree.

"Harry, it's your turn." Desiree urged me pushing me a few more times to motivate me to get up and aid Ollie.

"I'm up..." I yawned giving myself a few more needed seconds to sleep. I had forgotten what it was like to be completely deprived of sleep. I had forgotten what it was like having to take care of an infant since Gabby had been sleeping through the night for a few years now.

Stretching up and groaning I blinked my eyes open. Releasing a deep breath I listened closely to the monitor that Ollie was heard on. To my surprise I sat up and swung my legs over the side of the bed, a smile landing on my lips when I heard a small voice whispered to upset Ollie.

"Good morning Ollie!" Gabby's voice echoed on the monitor causing a smile to spread over my lips.

Gabrielle had loved everything about Ollie. She was always wanted to hold him and help Desiree to bottle feed him whenever she got the chance. Some part of Desiree and I worried about the day we brought him home but, there was no need at all. She had been over joyed that she now had a new sibling to play with, she loves the fact that she was a big sister to him.

"Desiree..." I shook Desiree lightly for her to listen into the conversation Gabby was having with Ollie.

"What?" Her eyes were slits while she wrinkled her face obviously tired and wanting to go unbothered.

Pointing to the monitor she turned in her sheets to listen to the monitor that sat on her nightstand. Coming to her side of the bed I sat on the edge listening to Gabby chat away to Ollie who had calmed his own cries with Gabby by his side.

"You have to be quiet so mommy and daddy can sleep. If you don't cry I will play with you!" Gabby went on chatting to the infant in the crib that she no doubt climbed into.

Desiree shook her head with a smile grazing her lips listening to Gabby chat with Ollie. "What did we do to deserve a little girl like her?"

"I don't know." I shook my head that accompanied the same smile that had found its place on Desiree's lips. "I'll go get them." I concluded kissing Desiree's cheek while she stretched out and went back to her original position closing her eyes to the sleep she still craved.

Leaning up against Ollie's nursery room door I listened a little longer to Gabby and Ollie's conversation even though it was more or less one sided. While Gabby chatted away Ollie would occasionally make gurgling noises to which Gabby found as a response.

"What are my little monkeys doing in here?" I opened up the door to see Gabby's head popping up.

"Daddy's here Olls!" Gabby played with Ollie's arms causing him to giggle at Gabby from her actions she did with his arms.

"You having fun?" I asked standing over the crib where my two little bugs giggled and laughed at my presence. "Come here little man!"

I picked out Ollie whose eyes had become a hazelnut brown shade like Desiree's. His warm toned eyes reeling back to Desiree whose eyes shinned brighter everyday as if there were a permanent glint in them. Blowing in his stomach to make a farting noise both Ollie and Gabby erupted into laughter that brought a smile to my face. Repeating the action Ollie's laughs flushed his face from the lack of air due to his laughing.

"What are you guys doing in here?" Desiree walked in with a bed head and smile plastered over her face, most likely from hearing is over the monitor.

"Daddy is making fart sounds!" Gabby chimed in from the crib she was standing in.

"Uh oh Gabs, I think you just woke up the tickle monster...." I looked over at Desiree who began moving her fingers in a slow tickling motion which caused Gabby to squeal and lay down in the crib curled up.

"Uh oh Gabby! You better run!" Desiree warned before running to Ollie's crib she was held up in. Leaning over to throw Gabby into the air and held the four year old and began tickling her endlessly. Hearing Ollie giggle from the entire exchange I began tickling him alike Desiree who had Gabby gasping for air through her constant laughing.

It was all perfect. It wasn't all in my mind anymore, this was my reality and I embraced every second of it. Every morning, every laugh, every smile, every kiss that grazed against my lips. It was all perfect, and it was all mine.

A/ Thank you all for the support through the entire Carbon series! I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did writing it! I will be putting out another Harry story soon that is in ways similar to this one so keep an eye out. Also if you want more of me check out my other Harry story called "The Adjustment Theory"!