twelve

HARRY'S POV

"Desiree!" I called out for her once again searching the area around me. Checking inside Gabby's room just in case, I saw nothing and closed the door once again. My heart rate picked up speed as different scenarios ran through my mind, what if Zayn took her?

Familiarity felt its way into my body while I searched for her. Checking our bedroom and noticing the bathroom door closed I worried with anxiety. Was she in there? Was she okay?

"Desiree?" I knocked on the door before opening it up to see her staring at something in her hands reflecting in the mirror.

"Baby! Why didn't you answer me?" I began a bit annoyed she didn't answer my calls to her. Making me anxious that someone had done something to her. "Desiree?"

She didn't move her gaze from the object she held in her hands. It was as if she was frozen in time and unable to make a move.

"Baby what is that?" I asked moving her around to face me. Furrowing my brows I fixed my gaze on what her eyes were glued to.

The white plastic stick was gripped in her hand while she stared blankly at it. The anxious energy radiating off of her like the sun in a dark room. Taking it out of her hands my eyes landed on the little pink plus sign that was printed in the box.

I didn't know what to say. Desiree moved her brown eyes to me hoping I had some sort of comfort to give her. Her eyes were glassy but she shed no tear although I knew each tear was building up inside her eyes.

"I'm afraid." Her voice was shaky and in a whispered tone. I had never seen her like this and seeing this side of fear in her body crushed me. I knew nothing I could say would make her feel any better but I would try.

"I know you are, I am too." I pulled her into my chest and felt her tensed up body lay on mine. "But I can promise you that everything will be okay. I will never leave you alone in this. Everything will work it's self out." I stroked her brown hair that cascaded down her back in waves.

"What if it doesn't work out?" She turned her head from being pressed to my chest.

"It will. You have my promise." I said to her holding her against me for as long as she needed. She never let a tear slip from her eye but rather closed those rich brown chocolate eyes.

"Anonymous dropped off the pregnancy test." Desiree moved away from me to make eye contact.

"What are you talking about?" I followed up confused by what she meant.

"When I was going to go get a test I found a test box with a note stuck to it." Desiree walked to where an empty first response box was thrown to the side of the bathroom. Peeling off the sticky note that had printed words on it she handed it to me to read for myself.

Reading over the poem twice I became frustrated with whoever was behind this. Anonymous had my trust but when they begin to watch us like I assumed they had I began to stress out. I would never express this to Desiree however, it would only heighten her stress levels. The last thing Desiree needed was high stress levels, it wasn't only bad for her but our growing baby.

"Harry, I'm not ready to be a mother! I'm so scared I can barely breathe...." Her mind spiraled out of control while she gasped for air.

Seeing her gasp for air while she hyperventilated I put my arms around her arms and looked into her eyes. "Desiree, breathe... breathe with me okay?"

She nodded and I began to inhale deep breaths calming me down as well as her. She was petrified of the small human growing inside her that she could barely breathe in the open air around her. After a few minutes of controlled breathing she opened her eyes to meet mine once again.

"I don't know if I can do this. Harry, I'm so afraid of all of this. What about my parents? What about your parents?" She questioned trying to keep calm but also spouting off questions that only made her blood pressure climb.

"We have some time before we have to tell them. I know you are scared Dez but, you can do this. You have nine months, we have time." I did my best to come up with points of comfort in her time of sheer terror.

"What are my parents going to think? They already didn't like my career path... What will they say when I tell them this?" Her eyes cast down once again and her fingers clenched in a small fist while she pressed it to her lip. "Then there's your parents who want to reconnect with you! You told them I am nothing like Jade but look where we are."

"You are nothing like Jade, Dez. Jade was selfish and a liar, you are none of those. Sure, we are in a similar situation but that doesn't mean you are like Jade in the slightest." I cut her off there seeing how she was making a connection between my ex lover and herself.

"I'm sorry about all of this..."

I cut her off there embracing her into my arms once again wanting to feel her closeness. "There is nothing to be sorry about. I love you Desiree. I love you more then you could know and I know that we can work this all out. We will be okay, you have my promise remember?"

'Yes." She muffled into my shirt while I then went back to stroking her hair softly.

We stayed here a little longer before turning off the bathroom light and leaving the place that only held feelings of growing anxiety. I laid with her on the couch until the night set in and we both became hungry. Desiree was eating for two now and I wanted to be there to take care of the both of them.

I was never able to do that for Jade and Gabrielle, I wasn't there for them because Jade had kept my baby a secret. I wasn't there for the birth of my baby girl because Jade had kept her from me without giving me the slightest clue as to if she was pregnant, I was in the dark until that night Gabrielle was dropped off to me without a clue. Now I could start over and experience all of this, I could take care of Desiree and our unborn baby. I was here for her every step of the way and I would make everything okay again.

A: Thoughts? Concerns? What do you think about Desiree's pregnancy? Let me know what you think in the comments and if you enjoyed give me a vote to let me know!