sixteen

I knew life wasn't and possibly could never be the same as it was. Nothing ever lasts and it was true, just when I thought my life was turning around it blew up in my face. Jade had come back and begged for a second chance and in that time I had lost Desiree. Once I got Desiree back I ended up losing Gabby who I was still missing.

I had began going back to work for the auto shop alongside Liam. Going to work every morning brought back a comfortable familiarity, something I needed. I hadn't gotten back into racing and contemplated if I even should. Watson had to wash his hands clean of me for legal reasons, if he didn't he would have put himself as well as his business in danger. I didn't have to work if I didn't want but I chose to, I had won two million dollars from the race against Zayn. I felt the need to have something familiar from my old life, not only that but I missed my old conversations with Liam.

"Hey." I greeted Desiree who was stirring away a pot that held contents of our dinner.

"Hey." She spoke lowly and softly, something that I hadn't noticed until now. She had been a little more quiet these last few days.

"How was your day?" I came up behind her, wrapping my arms around her torso and perching my chin on her shoulder.

"It was fine." Her answers were short as if she didn't want to talk.

"Are you okay?" I finally asked her kissing her neck and drawing away. She dropped the wooden spoon she was using and turned her body to face me.

Worrisome eyes facing mine, my expression changing to a more anxious state. She looked like hell with those eyes that burned with worry and uncertainty.

"What does the future look like for us being together?" Her tone was still a quiet one, most likely a mechanism to keep her voice as steady as possible.

"I want to be with you, you know that. Right now just isn't the time though." I brushed away a tear that slid from her eyes. She hadn't cried yet about all of this and now she was breaking. Her seams were coming undone, she was cracking under all the unknown variables.

"I don't want our baby to grow up in a broken home like everyone else. Our baby deserves more than that." She pushed her hair out of her face just to have it fall back in its original position.

"I want to be with you Desiree. I want nothing more than to be with you and father our baby together but, things are crazy at the moment." She nodded understanding the circumstances we were put in. She knew why it wasn't the right time to act impulsive and dive into things at the current moment.

"I'm just thinking right now, maybe it's not the right time to be having another baby. With Zayn being a constant threat...." She walked past me with her arm attaching to her elbow. "I want my baby to be safe and us being with him or her isn't safe."

"Zayn won't be a problem for much longer. You know we are working on all of that. The baby is in the safest place possible right now, with you." I went up behind her feeling stress that weighed on her emotionally. She was feeling all kinds of emotions all at once.

"Zayn has men Harry. The same men that came in here and took Gabby." Desiree put a little bit more distance between us by taking a few steps and looking back at me. "I don't want to have to go through a similar situation with our baby. I don't know if I could handle the stress from that, I already can't handle it right now. I can't imagine going through this exact same thing again."

"Desiree.." Shaking her head she cut me off with her eyes casting down, not wanting to make eye contact with what she was about to say.

"No Harry. I won't do it and I physically and emotionally can't."

"No one is asking you to. I can't do it either! Do you think it's easy for me to sit back and watch Zayn screw with my life? He took away my entire world and guess what? I have to sit here and live with it until everything is figured out on the other side." My voice rose a little more than I had intended it to. My eyes wondered around the anxiety fueled room that has my hand clenched into fists subconsciously.

"Maybe our baby deserves more then what we can give him or her right now." Makeup ran down her face in streaks even though she tried to wipe away all of the mascara drenched tears.

"That's not true, we have everything and more." I rejected any idea she had conjured up on her own concerning our baby.

"Harry, we are never going to be safe here! If we are serious about any of this we will leave Vegas." Desiree's voice had escalated in volume, opposite from her volume before hand.

I knew there was some truth to this, we would be safer in a different city no doubt. It would be better to run away from all of this and start with a clean slate. We could start over and no one would know who we used to be, everything would be different. I knew deep down that this could potentially be the best option but I couldn't completely go along with it either. I had never left sin city and the thought of all this change put me into a state of shock. Not only was I dealing with trying to get Gabby back but we also had an unexpected baby on the way. Moving to a whole new place and running away from here only made my anxiety climb to higher heights. I didn't want to leave everything I knew, I know it sounded extremely selfish but my entire life was here.

"I will make it safe!" I argued knowing that she was right the entire time.

"How are you going to do that Harry? Because logistically there is one of you and many of Zayn's men! What happens if they come after us again?" Her makeup still running down her face while shouting out her thoughts on the matter.

Taking in a deep sigh I ran my fingers through my hair. I didn't know what else to say or argue because I knew that she was right and I was in the wrong. She made a point and although I refused to see things for what they were I knew that it made more sense for us to get out of here once Zayn was arrested. It was up to me to keep Gabby, the baby, and Desiree safe and if moving was the right choice I would do it. I thought long and hard for other possible options we had on this issue but I came up empty handed.

"That's what I thought." Desiree sniffled in efforts to pull herself back together. She wiped away her tears the best she could before sliding down onto the floor in defeat. "I just wish this all never would have happened." She whispered to herself with her knees bent and arms wrapped around them tightly.

"We will make it though all of this. You have my promise, remember?" I bent down to her level tilting her chin upwards. The glassy tears in her chestnut brown eyes spilling out perfusly with each second that passed. She nodded weakly before I took her into an embrace, lifting her up and holding her in my chest while she continued to spill all her tears and stresses.

A: Thoughts? Predictions? What do you think they should do? If you enjoyed please give me a vote and comment:)