fourteen

HARRY'S POV

Every other second I am found checking my phone for any messages I could have missed. Each time reveals that I have not in fact missed any message or call. Time was running short and Anonymous hadn't responded ever since there stunt with the pregnancy note.

"Harry!" Desiree noticed my constant checking of my phone every so often. Leaning over to lay her head on my shoulder she took in a deep sigh.

"What?" I asked her with my body a little bit more tense then it should be.

"Relax, you're so tense." She moved away looking into my eyes.

"I'm just worried, anonymous hasn't said a word in two days." I voiced my concerns to Desiree who frowned.

"I know but maybe it's taking longer to find Calum. After all, the leads we had were weak." She shared trying to combat my concerns with reasoning.

Pushing her chocolate brown strands away from her face, her chestnut brown eye sparked in the light hitting them. Her cheeks naturally flushed while complimenting her more porcelain like skin tone. She was perfect to me.

With all of this thought over Desiree my phone began to vibrate over my hand. Dropping my gaze from her to my phone my eyes scanned over the caller ID. Taking in a sigh from disappointment I swiped over to answer the call.

"Hello?" I greeted into the phone hearing Desiree question me on who it was.

"Hey!" The caller responded while I mouthed the words "my mom".

"What can I do for you?" I asked her pointing my eyes up to the ceiling inwardly sighing.

"Your father and I were going to have dinner tonight and wanted to invite you and Desiree." Her tone was cheery and upbeat like it always was. She really was a great woman, always thinking of others unlike my father.

"We umm..." I stalled looking over at Desiree.

"Yes we are going!" She whispered shouted at me seeing my reaction to the invite.

"Why?" I whispered shouted back making sure to cover the speaker on the phone.

"Because you need to rekindle that relationship with your parents! Plus your mom is too sweet for you to say no!" Desiree whispered back explaining her thoughts before I rolled my eyes knowing that she was right.

"What time?" I rolled my eyes up to the ceiling rubbing my forehead with my free hand.

"Be here by five." She answered me with that old excitement in her tone that I had missed throughout the years.

"See you at five then." I concluded hearing her respond with her goodbyes.

"See look how happy you made her!" Desiree stood up and sat back down while straddling me.

"The only reason I'm doing this is because of you." I pressed my lips up to her while she then indulged me.

"No, you did it for you." She corrected detaching her lips from mine. "This will be a good thing."

"What are you going to do for me?" I asked her keeping my eyes on hers, reading what she was going to say.

"This...." She leaned in with only centimeters between us. Just as she was about to touch her lips to mine she pulled away and began to get up off of me.