seven

HARRY'S POV

"Mr. Alder you and your wife look great." Desiree improvised walking up to the older looking couple.

"Thank you Miss....." He waited for a name looking at Dez.

"Cole. You may not know me Mr. Alder but I know you." Desiree began with her dark chocolate colored eyes intent on getting what they wanted.

"I'm afraid I don't. I'm sorry, do you work with Zayn." Alder asked keeping his eye on Desiree who was confident in the way she held herself.

"Yes, I'm his assistant and this is my husband Harry." I gave Alder a side smile when he looked my way. "I just have a few questions regarding a racer of yours, does a Calum Hood sound familiar?"

"What?" Alder seemed taken aback by the mention of his name.

"Mr. Alder our records show us paying a Calum Hood who was employed with Alder & Company at the time. We just need some information from him." Desiree reassured Alder who looked like he was being attacked.

"Look I have nothing to do with Hood. After I found out about the pay off I washed my hands clean of him. I didn't want one racer to ruin the company name." Alder quickly came to his own defense.

"Mr. Alder we aren't here to attack you or criticize you. All we want is Calum's contact information, we would like to speak to him concerning a few issues." I spoke up seeing Alder become increasingly worried.

"I don't know where he is. I haven't seen him ever since what he did. I'm sorry I can't be anymore help."

"Is there anyone he was close to that we could contact? Another racer? A co worker?" I followed up hoping to get any information I could.

"He was close to Max Simone another one of my racers. I can give you his information, he still works for me." Alder brought a new name to the table.

"That would be great. Just text that over to this number." Desiree handed him a card with a number written across it.

"I will as soon as I get back to the office. I'm sorry I couldn't have been more help to you." Alder spoke once again, looking at him I could see he was a good man and didn't want to be involved in any shady business.

"You were all the help we needed Mr. Alder thank you so much for your time." Dez thanked the grey haired man shaking his hand while I followed her gesture.

"Do I know you from somewhere? You look oddly familiar." The woman squinted her eyes trying to jog her memory of anyone who may have looked like me.

Nervousness spread itself through out my body before I responded, "I don't think so Mrs. Alder."

"Hmmm you look vaguely familiar."

"Maybe I just have one of those faces." I suggested shrugging.

"Maybe." The women shook my hand before waving goodbye to the couple.

"Well at least we have something, a lead." Desiree spoke while we walked out to the valet for our car.

"Yeah, I was just hoping he knew more then he did. It would have made things quicker but of course that would be too easy." I explained my frustration to Desiree while we waited for the arrival of our car.

"We take it one step at a time, there are going to be things that we didn't plan on but we will handle that as it comes. On the bright side at least you got to see Gabby and she knows how to play piano!" I could see that Dez was doing her best to make me see the bright side of things but through all of it I found it hard.

"I wish I could have held her again. I miss her more now that I've seen her, I miss her more now then before." I admitted with my eyes cast down.

"We just have to be patience, I know she misses you as much as you miss her. At least she's being taken care of and I know you don't want to hear this but she's at least safe with Zayn." I didn't want to hear this but Desiree was right. Gabby was being well taken care of and rather then being shipped to a foster home with shady personalities she ended up with Zayn. I hated that I was thinking this but she was being well taken care of.

"Yeah." I responded to Dez while she then went to lean her head on my shoulder.

"This will all be over soon." She whispered to me watching as our car was pulled in front of us.

+

Rubbing my eyes I twisted the key into the lock of my apartment before turning the knob. Desiree trailed behind when I looked up from my eyes being cast down. Jumping slightly from the sight at hand I then startled Dez who clung to me instantly.

"What the hell?" I questioned the two that sat in the couch.

"Hello Harry." He spoke causing me to do a double take. Was this actually happening? Where they actually here?

Not knowing what to say Dez kept her grip on me not loosening a muscle. "It's okay." I reassured her giving her eyes that conveyed that these people were no threat to us.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned the man who started towards me, backing up.

"You can imagine it's pretty upsetting to see your son you haven't seen in six years make an appearance on the news for his arrest." The man spoke with his eyes glued to me.

"You can also imagine how it would be pretty upsetting when a kid is dropped in your lap and your family wants nothing to do with you." I shot back at my father.

"I didn't make the choices you did Harry. I told you before that, that girl was bad news and you didn't listen." My mother rose to her feet coming and standing next to my father.

"Harry we didn't know, we didn't know we had a grandchild!" My mom piped in with eyes that glimmered regret.

"I'm not getting into this right now. We already have to much on our plate." I pressed my fingers to the bridge of my nose, an action of stress.

"Harry it's been six years, how much more time do you need?" My mother opened up more while I closed the door behind me.

"You were the ones that left me. You told me to leave if I were to continue things with Jade." I opened up the situation for what it was.

"And why you didn't listen to us I don't know." My father shook his head with disappointment, something I didn't feel like taking on at the moment.

"Harry I should leave..." Dez began to detach from me before I responded.

"No stay. They can leave." I shot a gaze at them giving my parents a signal.

"Who is this? Not another Jade is she?" The heat in my body rose from the comment made by my father.

"No. She's nothing like Jade." I clenched my teeth.

"I'm Desiree." Dez spoke introducing herself to my parents.

"What a beautiful name." My mother commented causing Desiree to thank her with a little smile.

"So where do we start?" My father began again.

Heaving in a sigh I thought about the long night that was ahead of us.

Can I just say how cute Hesiree is! Enjoy the picture of them above and what do you all think about Harry's parents returning? Let me know in a comment if you enjoyed!