thirteen

ANONYMOUS POV

Receiving the collected information from Harry on this Max Simone character I began getting to work of searching for Calum. I knew this wasn't an easy task with what little information I had but I knew something from my past. You could run all you want but you cannot hide, at least not for very long. I knew Calum was out there somewhere I just needed to pull him out from where he was hiding, he was the key to all of this.

Searching his name in the search engine bar I found nothing that the common person couldn't find. His old Facebook profile that he hadn't used since three years ago, no clue that could lead me to anywhere in particular. All I knew from what Harry had told me over text was that Calum didn't live in the city due to his bad blood with most landlords. Calum had trouble paying for his living spaces due to his lack of money which then lead him to killing Ashton Irwin in the race he had up against him. Scrolling down to look more through his status updates I saw him start posting the ideas that he didn't enjoy living in this city of sin, that he wished he could get away from this place that only tied him down. This made me think and conjure places he would want to go that were the opposite of Las Vegas, he said he didn't want to be in this place so where was there to go for a person like him?

Men outside alerted my attention when I heard familiar voices a few feet outside my motel room. My heart beat jumped into my throat while I scurried off the bed scooting towards the window where my curtains were shut from the outside. Crossing my arms I listened a little closer to the familiar voices conversing with the motel manager who had checked me in.

"Have you seen someone with that description around here?" One of the men explained my description to the manager.

Breaking out in a sweat I hurried for my backpack and slipped my computer into it. Grabbing my loose items I had time for I stuffed them into the bag and slung the bag over my shoulders hearing the voices of the men draw nearer and nearer to me. Running into the bathroom I looked behind me to see the door was being pounded on, focusing back my attention I turned the lock on the window and began to climb out of it. While sliding out the fabric of my shirt was caught on a snag as I ripped it away I ran. The voices behind me I knew weren't going away but going an alternate route to capture me.

I made a mad dash towards the gas station just next door hoping that could buy me time to think of what my next move was. Hearing the little bell of the front door of the gas station I went straight towards the restrooms. Pushing open the door and entering to see three stalls I paced to the one on the far end, closing myself in I stood on top of the toilet and shook in fear. I couldn't get caught now, there was still so much to do.

The same familiar voices were heard again, getting closer as the volume and clarity of their conversation was more clear. I held my breath hearing the door swing open and the men begin to walk in quietly.

"You can't hide you know that..." One of them men went in to say my name. His accent was easy to recognize, I knew it apart from the other. His name was Michael, he was the one with the fiery red unnatural hair. Michael worked closely with Zayn, Michael was basically in essence Zayn's right hand man from what I had learned.

The first stall door was pushed open and the anxiety began building while I held my breath to avoid any sound. The next one was burst open but no luck was made in finding me, I heard a low growling laugh come from Michael.

"I know where you are ---" his tone was dark while he laughed lowly causing me to sweat when I could almost taste his breath that smelled of cigarettes.

"What are you two doing in here?!" A worker asked in a high pitched voice. "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to leave!"