one

HARRY'S POV

"Styles, get up." An authoritative voice woke me from my restless sleep. Rubbing my eyes I peeled my eyes open to the dim light outside of my cell.

I did as I was told and came to the cell door and awaited to be cuffed and transported to my designated destination. Confusion swirled in my mind when I glanced at the clock and viewed all of the jail bound prisoners.

"Where are we going? It's three in the morning." My voice was raspy as I trudged along to where I was supposed to go. Hands cuffed in front of me I continued to follow the guard.

"Someone has bailed you out." The guard spoke simply once reaching a secure location. He began unshackling me  and releasing me from the chains that had bound me here.

"What?" Confusion struck me even more once I was given my belongings.

"Someone came in here and bailed you out." The front desk man informed me sliding me my old clothing I was wearing the night I was shoot. The clothing was cleaned from any blood that had soaked the t-shirt and jeans before.

"What did they look like?" I asked taking the bag of clothing. Frantic for answers I waited for the man to answer but he only shrugged.

"Didn't get a good look at them, said they wanted to be anonymous." The man behind the desk informed. Seeing my phone packed inside the bag I walked out of the building in confusion turning on my phone that had been off for a month now.

Thinking of the first name that came to mind was Desiree when I saw her face appear on my screen.  A picture of Desiree, Gabby and I, remained as my screen saver when I slid to dial up Desiree. Hearing the ringing I tapped my finger against the phone anxiously.

"Harry?" Desiree's voice broke the repetitive ringing of the phone. Her voice was groggy like I had woken her from her sleep.

"Desiree!" I spoke a smile spreading on my face when I heard her on the other side of the line.

"Harry!" Her voice cracked.

"Baby, come to Blackwell." I knew she was most likely crying from the sound of my voice but I needed her to focus. "Baby?" I spoke softly after there was a long pause from her.

"How are you calling me from your phone? What's going on?" I could tell she had started to cry from her cracked voice.

"I'll explain when you get here." I reassured her not wanting to talk about all of this over the phone.

"Stay right where you are I'm just pulling out of the parking lot onto the main road. I'll be there in a bit." She responded to me sniffling, pulling herself together from the tears.

When we said our goodbyes I kept walking till the gates of this hell were opened and I was let free. A weight lifted off my shoulders as my foot stepped to the other side of the gate. I heaved in a deep breath feeling weightless and broken of the chains I was bound to while rotting away for only a short period of time. It didn't feel that way however, although I was only in there for a month or so it felt much longer. Hours felt like days when I was thrust into a world of criminals.

I longed to hold Gabrielle in my arms again and feel her arms wrap around my neck like a necklace. For her to nuzzle herself into me and tell me over and over that she didn't want me to leave her. I wonder if she had grown since I had last seen her, I missed her sweet little voice.

Seeing headlights come into view I raised my hand to shield from the harsh light coming from the car. The car was parked and in the next seconds a small figure that I had missed ran to me. Meeting her I opened up my arms I felt the impact of her hitting into me, her arms instantly wrapping around me like they belonged there. Holding her head with one hand I squeezed her body tightly never wanting to let go.

"I missed you." She mumbled as my shirt became a little damp where her face was nuzzled into my chest.

"I missed you too." The warmth between us making a fire as I heard her cry into me. "Shhhhh.... I here now." I calmed her stroking her hair.

"Don't leave me." She cried pulling away slightly to look into my eyes.

Her eyes were glassy from the emotion that they held inside them. I could tell she had missed me as much as I missed her just from the tired look in her eyes. Her eyes told the story she lived over the past month or two without me and it hurt inside to see her hurting like she was.

"I'm not ever going to leave you again." I took her and kissed her softly missing her rose petal like lips on mine. Kissing back she laced her arms around my torso while I did the same with her.

After the long exchange of kissing in the headlights of the car we broke from the hugs and affection to get into the car. I needed to explain all of what was happening to Desiree as well as she also had things for me to catch up on.

"So what's going on?" She asked me settling herself in the passenger while I got behind the wheel once again. It was strange almost.

"I don't fully know. I was in my cell asleep and the next thing I knew they told me someone had bailed me out. I thought it was you or one of the boys but when I got there you weren't waiting for me." My eyes kept wandering over to her. I hadn't set my eyes on her in so long and I could help but keep my eyes on her.

"I wander who would've bailed you out. Did the guard see who it was?" Desiree questioned keeping her full attention on me while we drives through the early morning back to my apartment.

"He told me he hadn't gotten a good look at him and that the person wanted to remain anonymous." I told Dez everything that I knew, catching her up to speed on my life away. "How has Gabby been?" My thoughts then shifted to my little princess I had missed more then anything.

Desiree paused for a long while causing me to glance over at her. Her eyes were cast down to her lap not meeting my gaze as I asked the question again. "Desiree?"

"Harry..." She spoke finally. Stumbling a bit over her words like she didn't know what to say.

"Desiree, is she okay?" I became worried by Desiree's body language and loss for any words.

"Harry I have something to tell you." She looked at me finally with worry in her eyes.

The lights from the dashboard lights glowing, illuminating her face and worried eyes that made my anxiety climb.

Hey guys! Yes I know it's been a long time since I've updated and I'm sorry about that. And here I go about to pull out of my bag of excuses😬 to put it simply I have writers block with this. there may be slower updates because I'm working on my other fan fiction "Home" that I'm currently working on for school.

This has gotten long and drawn out but please if you enjoyed comment and vote and I will see you all in the next chapter! xxx