elevan

DESIREE'S POV

A worrisome mood washes over me like a wave. A pit in my stomach grows deeper with each passing minute. Harry has left me alone to get a few things from the store and I sat checking my calendar over and over again. Counting the days like I didn't know how to count the last time. Five days.

No. No it can't be five days. Maybe it was all a mistake although I know I have counted enough times to know that my math was correct. Shutting off my phone in defeat I traced my hands back through my hair till my fingers were caught in it.

There was only one way of finding out if what I thought I knew was true. Could it possibly be a false alarm and my period just happens to be five days late? Even though I knew that wasn't very plausible I went with it anyway.

Walking to grab my keys and my purse I swung open to the door. Looking down at my feet I spotted a pink first response box with a sticky note stuck to it. Feeling my heart rate quicken in my chest I picked it up with no hesitation looking around for anyone who may have seen the box. Backing up I shut the front door focusing more on reading the note attached to the front of the pregnancy test box.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Whose the new Mommy to be?
It looks like it's you!

-Anonymous

Taking in a shaky uneven breath I read over the words over and over. My eyes gliding over the small note smoothly as I analyzed each word that was typed out. A knocking on the door snapped me out of my anxious reading of the note, hiding the box and note in my bag I went to tend to the door.

"Liam." My eyes landed on the man wearing a red flannel with his hair done like it usually is.

"Desiree!" He gave me the same slightly shocked look I gave him moments ago.

"Liam, what can I do for you?" I leaned up against the door anxious to tend to my own desires and worries.

"Is Harry around?" Liam asked simply.

"No, he's out running a few errands. Can I help you with something?" I asked politely hiding my anxiety to shut the door and run to the gift given to me.

What if I hadn't have picked up the box when I did? What if Liam had seen the box before I did? What would he say? Would he have told Harry? All these questions run through my mind like the Indie 500.

"No that's okay just wanted to talk to him." He straightened up his posture turning to leave he stalled a moment longer. "I wanted to ask you Dez, are you okay?"

It was time for my acting skills to take use at this question. I didn't want to involve any of the boys with a pregnancy scare, after all it could only be a scare.

"Yeah, why?" I responded back to him with another question.

Furrowing his brows slightly his eyes fixed on me as he began to explain to me his thoughts. "I don't know you haven't been your normal self lately... I wanted to make sure everything is okay. I know things are hard right now and complicated with everything that is going on but... I don't know.."

I cut him off with a hug, "Thanks Liam." I said wrapping my arms around his shoulders and embracing him.

Liam was someone who cared about others well being and despite my efforts he noticed I had been a little off. I had been an anxious mess for the last five days, telling myself to wait another day. That the next day I would wake up and find I had started my period but, this was only wishful thinking on my part.

"Well, whatever your going through whether you tell me or not.... Just know I'm here for you." Liam let go of the embrace causing a small smile to form on my face from hearing him say what he said.

"Thanks Liam." I thanked again before he walked away leaving me to myself once again. Shutting the door I tended to the pregnancy box tearing it open and walking into the en suit bathroom.

Tearing open the packaging of the long white stick I shut the bathroom door, enclosing myself in. Taking off the cap that covered the spot I needed to pee on I sat down on the toilet trying to find comfort. Staring at the test for a while before I began the procedure I was invested into my worrisome thoughts.

Harry and I couldn't handle a baby at this moment in time. Everything had become so complicated with Zayn and his involvement with Harry and Gabrielle. Nothing has been easy between Harry and I and this would be no exception if this were to turn out true.

Putting the cap back on top of the stick I sat on the toilet with the stick in my hand. Waiting for my results patiently my mind drifted off to what our situation would be. Would we keep our baby? Would be give our baby to someone who is better fit to parent at this time?

My palms began to sweat while I waited for the results that could change my entire life. Was their a human being growing inside me? With my free hand I rubbed my hand over my stomach in attempts to feel anything out of the ordinary but, there was nothing. Pulling up my pants I flushed and washed my hands with these thoughts making pathways to other questions in my mind.

Attaching my hand to my stomach once again I cast my eyes down staring at the bare skin that I exposed while pulling up my shirt. Moving my gaze to the mirror I kept my stare on my flat looking stomach hoping I could see any imperfection that would point to pregnancy. The time went by slowly until I looked down into the sink where I had set the test.

Pulling it up into full view I didn't want to believe my eyes. The mark was so obvious I knew there was no convincing myself otherwise. The answer was plainly staring at me while my vision became blurry. I refused to cry however, I couldn't cry.

What was I going to tell Harry? Should I just show him the little pink plus sign? Should I try to explain it? I was at a loss and all I could do was stand alone as if I were frozen, eyes locked on the plus sign that confirmed my question I had been seeking the answer to.

Do I tell Harry now or brush it off until the time is right? When would be the right time? Was there ever going to be a right time for this all to happen? I began to shake with anxiety coursing through my veins, blood running cold from the mere sight of the sign. I never thought a plus sign would be so terrifying.

Keeping my eyes glued to the stick in my hand I could hear the muffled sound of Harry entering the front door.

What do I do?

I couldn't move and my eyes wouldn't stray from the plus sign. My hand was gripped around the plastic stick as if someone would have to pry them open for the release of the stick.

I hear him calling my name. "Desiree!" He calls out for me but I don't answer. The words are caught in my throat and I am incapable of saying a word.

A: So what do you all think?! What do you think will happen with all of this?! Let me know in a comment and if you enjoyed please give it a vote!

Also next week sometime I have a surprise so keep checking on my profile for more information regarding that!