Chapter 15: My Summer Job Is Ruined

I awoke early in the morning in the beautiful Karuizawa, and the work begun. "Oh Haruhi, I'll sweep and you can do the laundry alright?" I smiled as I stretched.

"oh okay!" Haruhi laughed. I wore my hair down, with a bandana, some jeans, tennis shoes, and a tank top. I grabbed the broom and began to sweep happily, and before I realized it I was finished. I straightened things up and polished the floor until it shined.

"wow, that was faster than expected" I thought. The costumers rushed inside the small bed and breakfast, looking for a place to stay for a night of two. "Hello! Hi! Welcome!" I greeted several. They all smiled as they walked past to the front desk. Haruhi entered with a wet apron and looked exhausted. "Who knew this would be the ideal way to spend the summer! Its so peaceful and quiet here" I smiled.

"This place is so tranquil! So calm, such an amazing place for us girls to catch up on our studies" Haruhi smiled. "Well I gotta go hang the clothes! Wow, you finished early!"

"I know here let me help" I laughed walking outside with her. "I fell kinda bad for not telling the guys" I frowned hanging a sheet.

"They're probably way too busy doing their own things! You shouldn't feel bad! I was a little aprehensive too, but they'll be fine" Haruhi assured me.

"Yeah" I sighed. I looked at the lines with bed sheets streaming in the wind, along with my long hair. A smile spread across my face as I felt the cool gusts of wind, hidden deep in the intoxicating, breathless, cruel heat that has been possessing the small island for so long. I heard a strong sound and felt vibrations through out my body. Some sort of vehicle riding by, most likely.

"Hina! Haruhi! Hang on! Daddy's come to save you!" Tamaki screamed. I looked up to see Tamaki hanging out of a helicoptor screaming into a megaphone right at us.

"Remember how I said it was nice out here?" Haruhi asked.

"Yeap" I nodded.

"Its more like a nightmare" she frowned. The helicopter landed and out poured the host club, in all its beautiful glory. We escorted them inside to meet our employer.

"Oh my!" he squealed. "These hunks must belong to my two hard working little ladies" he giggled.

"Another flirty tranny?" the twins thought aloud.

"He used to be a friend of Ranka's. They used to work together in the same shop years ago" Kyouya informed.

"Well that's something you would know" Tamaki glared. Our boss went on his long rant of how he opened his own business and doesn't answer to anyone anymore.

"So are the girls your indentured servants?" Hani inquired.

"More like unpaid employees. This happens to be Ranka's favorite way to keep track of them while he's working" Kyouya answered.

"What the- How do you know all of this stuff?" Tamaki exclaimed.

"Kill me" Haruhi and I pleaded. The boys then sat down at the table to here more tales from our summer guardian.

"Take my two little girls under your wing he said! He practically begged me! Plus I still cant afford the expensive hired help so it works out for everyone" he smiled wrapping his arms around us. "They're both such wonderful, hardworking, employees! Its such a shame I cant pay them anything"

"Tell me what you think of their outfits?! I made them myself" he said gesturing to the both of us.

"You're quite an exquisite seamstress" Tamaki complimented giving him the thumbs up. We walked outside and reassumed doing our daily chores, and the guys took a seat by the deck.