Chapter 26: Closing The Wounds

(( HERE IS YOUR GOD DAMN CLOSURE. ENJOY.))

Karariri turned, staring at Kyouya to see his eyes locked on her. She blushed a dark red with embarrassment, how dare he interupt her wedding day!

"On what grounds?" Lin demanded, glaring at him.

"On the grounds that she doesn't love you. She can do so much better than you for one, she's remarkable. And you don't deserve someone as great as her, you treat her like dirt. And Karariri... I can't let you do this. I can give you everything if you'll have me... The truth is I love you. Now marry me or I'm gunna publish everything in this little black book" he tried to make a sly joke, he himself flustered for once. Only she had the power to do these things to him.

"You can't be serious. He's not serious is he Riri?" Lin tried not to laugh, starting to feel his heart sinking in his chest. Karariri gave a sigh and took off her veil, looking over at Hina. 

"I can't marry you right away. These things take time Ootori." Karariri said as she stepped down until they were eye to eye. "Lets start with dinner maybe?"

"Of course my dear, whatever you desire" Kyouya said, kissing her hand gently. Lin was red in the face as he left, more angry than he had ever been his entire life. Karariri waved goodbye, a bit glad she wasn't being forced to marry someone she didn't love anymore. Kyouya took her hand and left with her. Hina gazed at them, seeing how happy they both were and then she finally realized the truth. They had had something special from the start and it wasn't her place, nor anyone else's place for that matter to come in between them. Without realizing it she shed a tear, turning back to Kaoru who was smiling sadly. The Priest was gone, only they stood there.

"I can't force you to be with me if you don't love me." he said, slipping his hands in his pockets.

"But Kaoru I-"

"Hina... I saw the way you looked at him. Its the way you used to look at me. It'll all be okay. Your nightmare is over, I wont chase after you anymore" Kaoru whispered, giving her a hug. She stood there silently as everyone left. She stood at the altar covered in flowers for the rest of the night, a part of her hoping he would come back. But she knew that he never would... She would never be his favorite again.

The End.