Chapter 41 I'm finally home

Sophia's POV

*************************

"Sophia..." Lauren said whilst prodding me in the leg with her hand.

"Soph we're here wake up!" She added as I opened my eyes, I looked out the window to see this huge white and brick house. As Alex pulled up out side, I nudged Dani to wake her up from beside me. I rubbed my eyes.

"Dan we're here" Lauren said again.

I opened the car door and slid out. It felt good to stretch my legs, the car journey was sooooo long even with stops! All of us made our way to the front door while we waited for dad to unlock it with the key. He trekked up the steps behind us and made his way through everyone to get the the door. He slid the key into the lock before turning it a few times. The door opened revealing a huge and beautiful house. The air inside was cool as it hadn't been in use the past couple of days and an echo of voices rang through the rooms as their was no furniture inside yet.

**Time skip to the evening**

Some essential thing were unpacked but a lot was still to be done. We all sat on the rug in the living room, as there was only one sofa unpacked, crowding around the TV. Dad and Mike made sure that was one of the first things they did so they had something to keep the boys occupied with whilst they started to unpack.

Mike and Alex were staying a few days to help before flying back to California and the oldest four girls were here the night as their house wasn't quite ready to be moved into today.

I finished my bowl of pasta and placed it down in front of me and for a first I was the first person who was finished eating. I looked around at each of my siblings and parents and thought to myself 'when did I ever get so lucky to have a family like this? What did I do to deserve them?' They came into my life when it was in a very bad place and saved it making all my dark places full of light and hope. I couldn't have asked for a better time for them to walk back into my life. I love each one of them so much!

I still kept in contact with Lily and Conor and they were actually come out in a few months to come visit and as for the people who adopted me well let's just say I forgave them but moved on with my life. If I was to ever see them again, which I don't intend to, I would be civil and polite and say hello but nothing will ever go back to the way it was before and to be honest, sometimes you have to do what's right for you.

I leant back against the frame of the sofa and thought to myself 'there definitely is light at the end of the tunnel, and yeah I did feel like my life had been a lie for so long but now I'm here with my real family it feels like none of that matters now. I'm finally home!' I sighed and at that moment joeys little feet appeared on my shoulder. I just chuckled and shook my head. 

The End