Chapter 7 I Will always be your Sister

Sophia's POV

****************************

Connor ran out the door before slamming it shut behind him. It broke my heart seeing him like that, I know how much it must of hurt him. "Are you okay honey?" Mum said with a worried expression on her face. "Yeah mum I'm fine, what about you?" I asked, "well I don't know, maybe. What happens if Connor never comes back? What if he's gone because I haven't got a clue where he's gone!" Mum replied with more tears forming in her eyes. I sat there thinking about where he has gone. Mum and dad were trying to stay as calm as possible but due to the Circumstances, but you could see the alarm and pain behind there eyes, this was all my fault...I just should never have been born. 

I sat there thinking for a while until it clicked. "I know where he's gone!" I cried out getting up from the floor. Where else would he have gone other then the place we used to go when we were younger. Every Sunday afternoon we would get on our bikes and head to the river about 7 miles away, we would sit by the running water for hours just talking and watching the sunset. "Where?" Father asked getting to his feet. "I'm going to go check up by the river just outside of town" I replied. "I will come with you" he said going to get his car keys, "NO... I mean no thank you. I need to do this alone" father went and sat back down. I went and got my bike out of the garage before setting off. 

By the time I got there the sun was just setting in the distance, leaving a golden glow around the trees. That's when I saw him sitting on the river bank. "Hey" I said plumping down next to him. "What do you want?" He asked with a hurt tone to his voice. "I came to see if you were okay" "I'm fine!" He said burying his head in his arms. When he was this way it was hard to get him to talk, nearly impossible infact. There was only ever one way to get him to talk about how he was feeling and that was to talk about how you were feeling so I started, "well actually, I'm not... You know why?" I paused for a moment to see if he would reply, but he said nothing. "Well it's because I'm terrified of making the wrong decision about what to do. Also what I just found out was pretty hard." I carried on. I lied back on the grass and he lifted his head from his arms, I continued. "what happens if I make the wrong decision and I hurt one of my families so bad that they never wanted to see me again?" "Soph, you know thats not true! What ever decision you make will be okay! No one is going to hate you because we all love you" he finally piped up. "Really? Because what if I choose to stay and the Cimorellis then want nothing more to do with me or what if I go, from they way u were earlier it sounded like you pretty much hate me" I said sitting back up facing him. "I don't hate you!" He said with tears forming in his eyes. " well do you want to tell Me what's wrong then?" I asked. "I...i...I'm... I'm scared that if you go to live with your birth family that you will forget about us and me. And that you won't come back and I won't have a sister anymore" he bursted out into tears. I held him close trying to calm him "shh...it's okay. Con I could never forget you guys! Are you insane? Mum and dad raised me and you were like my best friend growing up. I will always be your sister and I will always be here for you even if I did live in a different country!" I said. "But you would be so far away, how would we talk?" He asked, "hey nothing's far away now! We can Skype or FaceTime, there's text and calls or we could even do what the old people do and write letters!" I said in a joking manner, making him laugh. Connor sat up, "I love you don't forget that" he said hugging me tight. "I won't Con" 

It was getting cold and the sun was now completely out of sight. "Come on its getting late and mum and dad will be having a fit wondering where we got to" I said offering a hand to help him up. "Did you bring your bike, because if we walk it's going to take like an hour!" He asked. "Yeah I did, get on the stunt pegs" i replied. Connor stood on the stunt pegs holding onto my shoulders. It took about 20 minutes to get home and when we finally did we could hear everyone in the house talking and laughing. I put my bike back in the garage befor shutting and locking the door to it. As I was about to open the front door Connor grabbed my hand "thank you" he said. "It's okay what are sister for!" I said before opening the front door and walking in. The room fell silent before they  realised that Connor was with me and mum and dad came rushing over to hug him. I wondered over to the Cimorelli's. 

"Hey it's getting late and joeys really tired, so I think we're going to go back to the hotel and call it a day! So we will talk to you later okay?" Lynn said pulling me into a hug. "Okay, night" I said pulling away. I said goodbye to all 13 of them before shutting the door and heading up stairs as it was now 11 o'clock. 

I layed there in bad for a while just trying to take in everything that happened today before  I found my eyes getting heavy. I rolled over, turning off the lamp before drifting off to sleep.

*****************************

A/N: yay so chapter 7 is now done! I hope you guys are still enjoying this book and don't think that I'm dragging it on or whatever. Anyway thank you so much for reading and voting it's now on something crazy like 450 views which is insane because I hon thought that nobody would read this!! 😂 also I'm really sorry I took so long to update but now it's summer I should be able to updat more in my free time. Please keep voting, reading, commenting and sharing this! Thank you soooo much 💖 oh also there is lots of spelling and grammar mistakes so I will correct them in the morning or soon.