Chapter 40 'Leaving California'

Lisa's POV

*************************

Everything was packed up and in the cars and vans. It made the house look 1000X bigger then it already did with the furniture in it. It felt so serial that this wasn't going to be our house anymore and that someone else was going to be sleeping in my room by tonight. So many memories were made in this house, good and bad and I just wasn't sure if I was ready to let go of it.

Nearly everyone was in the cars when I decided to take one last look around the place. I made my way up the stairs. The first thing I saw was what use to be the study area where we all spent most of our youth doing our school work. I looked at every room until I got to ours, I opened the white door and just stood in the doorway. I studied the room with my eyes, taking in every inch of it; man I don't know why it's so hard to do this I mean it's just a house!

I walked downstairs and was taking in my last looks when I heard my name being called from out front, I had to go. I made my way toward the front door. As I passed the staircase I slid my hand across it by my side, once I hit the end post I stopped and turned around patting the top of it. The "legendary Cimorelli stairs" this made me laugh but thinking about it now we did film a lot of covers in front of it!

I moved to the door taking that one last look. I let out a sigh, "let's go make some new memories" I said to myself as I shut the front door one last time. Everyone was in different cars as we had to take them all with us obviously and we were all separated. I opened Katherine's car door, on the passenger side, and got in.

"You ready?" She asked as I fastened my seat belt,

"Yep lets go" I replied as she started the engine and that was it we were gone.

Me and kath spoke for a while before we decide to put some music on, I plugged my iPod in and put on 'Boys Like Girls' and ironically the first song to come on was 'Leaving California'! The drive from LA to Nashville was about 29 hours but we decided to put in a few stops to break it up and so we could all meet up. We also booked a hotel for the night about half way in between the two states.

*************************

A/N: guys there's only like 1 more chapter!!!! Thank you to each one one you who has voted, read or even shared this story! Also I will try and put the link to 'leaving California' - boys like girls at the top so if u want to listen to it you can :)