Chapter 22 The flight home

Sophia's POV

*************************

My eyes fluttered open as the bright light shone through the crack in the curtains. Today we're flying back and to be honest I'm excited but pretty scared. I haven't told them but I hate flying like seriously heights are are one of my worst fears, So as you can imagine flying is a big no no!

The room seemed pretty quiet, I rolled over and there sat Lisa. Wait why is she in here? She's in the other room, where's everyone else?

"Oh hey you're awake!" She said putting her phone down.

"Hey" I said sitting up rubbing my eyes.

"Where is everyone?" I asked confused.

"Oh they went to breakfast and I said that I would watch over you until you woke up"

"Oh ok I will just get ready and then we can go" I said getting out of bed making my way to the bathroom.

I decided to wear my black ripped skinny jeans with my red flannel over the top of my white 5SOS shirt. I ran my fingers through my long brown hair, pushing it to one side. After brushing my teeth I walked back out to Lisa, "ready" I said as she got off the bed and we made our way down to breakfast.

Once we had all eaten we made our way back up to our rooms to make sure everything was packed. i know our flight doesn't leave until 2 PM but we have to be there 2 hours before it leaves to check in and we're going to say goodbye to Connor and Lily at her house as I don't want to see my "parents", besides it's already 10:30.

When we we all sure everything was packed we made our way down to the lobby before getting into the mini van. Lily's house wasn't far from the hotel, only about a 10 minute drive so it wasn't long before we were there.

Once we got there Lily, her parents and Connor were already out the front as we were already running late. My sisters didn't get out the car as it was going to be a super quick goodbye, I climbed over all the bags that were in the way before jumping out. I ran to Connor, pulling him into a hug. "Goodbye Soph" his voice started to break.

"Hey hey hey it's not forever, I will be back and I will Skype you remember!" I said pulling back. He nodded. "I love you, have a good flight!" He said as I pulled away.

I ran into Lily's arms. "I'm going to miss you" she said into my shoulder,

"Im going to miss you too! All of you!" I replied. We hugged for a while, a tear fell down my cheek as It suddenly hit me that I'm not going to see them for At Least 6 months - a year. I pulled away and started to go back to the van. as walked I heard them yell "have a good flight, stay safe! We love you!" This brought me to floods of tears. "Thank you! I love you guys!" I called as I climbed back into the mini van. I got back to my seat and Lisa put her arm around me. I rested my head into her chest as she stroked my hair calmingly, "they're going to be fine, I know they will" she whispered into my ear.

The next thing I knew we had already checked in and we were making our way onto the plane. Our seats were sort of in the middle but more towards the back and we had two rows of the Middle seats and one seat on the left. The nerves started to come through strong now! We were going to be flying for just over 11 hours in total with a 1 hour stop in Georgia. It took about 9 hours to get to Georgia and then we fly from Georgia to LA.

We decided where we were sitting and sat down on the cold leather seats. In the row in front it was Christina on the far right, Lisa in the middle then Kath on the left with mum the other side of the walk way with Amy on her right, me on the left and then Lauren in between me and Dani.

We were sat for about 10 minutes before I felt my hands start to get clammy and my heat start racing. My stomach turned and my hand start to tremble, this really wasn't good! I was trying my hardest not to show my nerves and whether I was successful I don't know. I tried to distract myself but nothing was working, I was feeling so ill.

The engine started as the plane started to move slowly before picking up pace. My hands clenched onto the armrests of the seat as I felt someone grab my hand. I looked down and saw Lauren's hand attached to mine, "hey it's okay I could tell you were scared of flying" she said looking at me.

"How could you tell?!?!" I asked confused and shocked, I thought I did a pretty good job of hiding it... Obviously not!

"Mate you went pale and start playing with your fingers and shaking!" She said with a slight giggle.

"Here we go!" She said. I sat back against my seat as the plane left the ground.

**3 hours later**

We had already been in the air for 3 hours and I was starting to feel calmer but I still felt sick. "Why don't you take a nap? You still look really pale Soph" mum said. I agreed, maybe sleeping it off might help. I pulled my hair back tying it in a high ponytail, I brought my knees up to my chest and curled up in the seat. My eyelids got heavier and heavier before they shut.

Before I knew it the captains voice was coming through the speakers, asking for everyone to fasten their seat belts as we were landing in LA.

We walked off the plane and made our way to the baggage collection area. There was so many people all waiting for there bags, and to me all the bags were identical. How was I ever going to find mine?!?!

The room started to clear and it was just mine and Dani's bags that we were waiting for, we were there for about 5 minutes until Dani spotted her bag. It was just mine now.

Another 20 minutes had past and no one else was in the room, it was just us and no more bags came around on the thing. Where was my bag? We decided to give up and ask the security man for help. He took us to this room that had a sign saying 'staff only' on the door. We waited outside as his colleagues tried to track down my bags.

It wasn't long before he came out and told us that my bags were still in London and that it would be a few days before it got here now. This is just my luck! Of course out of all the people on this flight it had to be my bags that got left in London!

"It's fine you can borrow some of our clothes" Dani said

"Thank you so much!" I replied As we walked towards the car park.

We waited until dad picked us up in the mini van. He seemed happy to see us all which was sweet!

The mini van was buzzing with convocation as we drove to the house. It felt so weird to think it was only 5 PM here and our 11 hour flight left London at 2!

We drove along the coast and I have to say I fell in love with the views, it was so beautiful!! I have never seen such white sandy beaches in all my life as I had only ever been on holiday to Germany.

We pulled into the drive way and the house was breath taking, it was huge!! 

*************************

A/N: so here's another long chapter like you guys said U liked, so hope u guys like it ✌️ 💜