FORTY ONE

Hunter was right, the cab driver already knew where the restaurant was. I reached the place just after a few minutes because there was no traffic.

The auto shop's gates were half-closed but four cars were parked outside. Harry's Bentley was one of them.

Relief flooded in my chest. He was here. Now I just had to see him and check if he was alright.

I walked to the gates and almost crawled just to get inside. The place was quiet and crowded with cars. Compared to the shop in Ohio, this was bigger.

I walked inside, my eyes wandering around and looking for Harry. After a few more steps, I heard some voices, so I followed them.

"I need more tape here. Niall, are you done packing the rest?"

"Yup. Here's the tape."

I stopped in my tracks and gripped on my skirt as my mind processed what my eyes were seeing. Cold sweat formed on my forehead and I suddenly wanted to throw up.

Harry was with Niall and five other men I didn't know. They were busily putting packages under the car's seats. The packages were wrapped in brown paper and I already knew what's inside them.

They're stuffing the cars with drugs so they could transport them in big quantity.

I got nauseous all of a sudden. I took a step back but Harry lifted his head and his eyes locked with mine.

"Jade?" he mouthed, shocked. He stood up. "Jade is that you?"

I wanted to leave but what's the point? I've already seen this, even if I run away, it wouldn't change anything.

"Y-yeah," I choked out, walking out of the dark so he could see me. I gasped out loud when one of the men suddenly pulled a gun from his jeans.

"Fucking put that down, Glenn!" Harry roared angrily while pointing a finger to the man who immediately lowered his arm. "She's my girlfriend. Get back to work."

"Sorry, boss," he said apologetically, then went back to what he was doing.

My lungs deflated and an exhale of relief escaped from my mouth. Good God. They have guns. Real ones. I almost got shot. Motherfucking hell, why did I even go here?

Harry held my face and looked at my eyes. "Angel, you okay? You're cold."

"I'm fine," I sighed out, trying my best to stand straight despite my shaking knees. "I was just stunned."

He kissed my forehead and hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry." He pulled away shortly and cupped my face with his both hands. "You sure you're okay?"

I just nodded.

"How did you know I'm here?"

"I asked Hunter," I said, and I saw how his face strained. "I was worried, you said you'll be home for dinner but I can't even contact you."

He sighed and pursed his mouth. "Sorry, babe. My phone died this afternoon and I forgot to charge it because we're too busy."

I glanced at the men behind him who were still putting packages on the car's hood. "I can see that," I murmured.

He held my chin until I met his eyes. "I'm sorry if you have to see this."

"You didn't tell me about this," I muttered. "You said you own an auto shop."

"I do. Me and Louis."

"But you didn't tell me about that," I said, throwing a quick glance to the scene behind him.