TWENTY THREE

"This is it?" Harry asked me, glancing outside the car's window.

"Yeah," I confirmed as I removed my seatbelt.

"It's a botanical garden," he said.

"Yup."

"It's closed."

"Obviously."

Harry gave me a confused look. "How are we gonna get inside?"

I released a deep breath and opened the door. "You ask too much. Just follow me. And don't make any noise." I told him, then went out of his car.

Harry obeyed me with that clueless look plastered on his face. I walked to the botanical garden's gate with Harry behind me.

"What's inside your bag?" I asked him. He was carrying a backpack, just like me.

"Essentials," he replied with a smile.

"Like?"

"Booze and stuff."

I shot him a glare. "You said you wanna be somewhere where you can breathe. If you wanna get drunk you should head to the pub instead."

"You're overreacting," he chortled. "I won't get drunk. Just a few drinks." He added, then looked at the wrought metal gate. "You have a key?"

"We don't need a key. We'll climb the gate."

Disbelief crossed his face. "We're sneaking in? Isn't that trespassing?"

I rolled my eyes so high they almost left my sockets. "Are you in or nah?"

"You really love breaking the laws, huh?" he teased. "First, invasion of privacy. Now, trespassing. Never thought you had it in you." He continued, chuckling and his dimples getting deeper.

I scowled. "Oh please. I bet you did something worse," I breathed out, then removed the backpack from my shoulders and threw it over the gates. My bag landed inside with a low thud.

"I'll go first," I told Harry. I started to climb the metal gates and just after a few minutes, I reached the other side. I successfully landed on my feet inside the premises.

I looked at Harry. "Come on now."

He grinned at me, then climbed the gates. His long legs made it easier for him. He reached my spot without even sweating it.

"You're like a ninja up there," he told me, laughing softly. "Do you always do this? You climb like an expert."

"Been doing this since I was 15," I confessed while we walked inside. The garden was quiet and there were no lights around, except the faint light which was coming from the street posts.

"I haven't been inside here," Harry murmured. "I didn't know it's this beautiful and big," he said in awe, his eyes wandering around the place and admiring the flowers and trees.

"It looks small from the outside," I said. "But its really pretty here. Weddings usually happen here."

"I can see why. Place is perfect."

"Wait til you see my favorite spot," I said proudly. We continued to walk, passing by the well-tamed bushes, small water fountains, bonsais, trees, and flowers.

"Here we are," I told Harry, and I saw how his eyes widened in amazement when he saw the scenery in front of him.

"Wow," he mumbled, looking around and taking it all in. He dropped his bag on the grass and walked to the side of the pond where a small waterfall was flowing smoothly. "Just wow," he uttered admiringly.