THIRTY THREE

three updates 'cause why not? :)
Enjoy. :D

Dirk sat next to me. "We need to talk," he said as soon as he settled in his chair.

I glanced up at him, still spreading jam to my loaf of bread. "About what?" 

His expression went more serious. "Is it true that you're with Harry now? I thought you're dating Zayn?"

Oh, Jesus. I just woke up and my brother was already annoying me.

"You just returned last night and the first thing you did was to check the latest gossips?" I asked irritably before biting my sandwich.

"You didn't answer my question, sis. And no, I didn't research for that piece of gossip. I learned about it from Melody," he explained, his eyes not leaving my face.

"So your girlfriend loves to talk about other people's business, huh?" I scoffed bitterly.

"You and Harry were a hot topic in this town after Liam's party," he pointed out. "Yes, I also know what went down in that party. Melody told me about it, too."

I sucked in a deep breath. I knew that people were talking behind my back these past few days. And it all started because of that bitch Carly. She was really offended by the fact that Harry ditched her that night because of me, and she could not stop bitching about it. What pissed me the most was her version of the story. She basically told everyone that Zayn and I were already official but I was screwing Harry behind his back, even exaggerated it and said that I broke the two men's friendship. Best part? People actually bought it. The story spread like a forest fire around the town, and next thing I heard were the irrelevant opinions of irrelevant people. I never actually heard them, but Marty and Leslie told me about it.

I pinned my brother with my glare. "Melody needs to shut her damn mouth," I blurted sourly.

I thought Dirk would be angry with what I said, but he just sighed quietly. "She's friends with Sam and Carly. What do you expect?"

"Whatever. I'm sick of people talking about me. They need a fucking life," I grumbled, pushing away my plate of fried eggs. I already lost my appetite.

Dirk pulled the plate towards him. "I wasn't really surprised, to be honest. I actually thought you're dating Harry. I mean, friends don't French kiss," he uttered as he sliced the eggs.

"What did you say?" I asked, shocked and confused.

"I saw the two of you outside the carnival. Back in Nashville. You guys were in the car while you were eating out each other's faces," he said with a frown, then started to eat the eggs.

I gaped in silence, my jaw frozen. Oh, God. Did he see something else?

He stared at my face and shook his head slowly, his lips curled into a small smirk. "Don't worry, that's all I saw. You two drove away after and I went back inside the carnival to finish my shift. You can stop blushing now."

I closed my mouth and regained my composure. "Piss off," I mumbled, avoiding his stare. I grabbed my coffee and took a sip of it.

"I don't like Harry for you," he muttered slowly.

"I thought you like him? You can't shut up about how good he is with cars."

"I do. But not for you. He already slept with lots of girls in this place. Did you know that he slept with Sam too?"

"He didn't sleep with her," I said sternly. "It was Niall, Harry's friend," I corrected him, my patience wearing thin. Harry told me the truth behind that controversial picture from Sam's instagram post. Sam kept in touch with Niall when the boy left the town, and she decided to visit him in New York. She went to the penthouse and Harry was there, but nothing happened between the two of them. According to Harry, Niall and Sam were goofing around the couch and they just pulled him to take a picture. Another interesting fact; Niall and Sam were both high that time.