THIRTY ONE

Harry

Jade's head moved a little under my arm, her hair brushing my nostrils.

Jasmine and lilies.

I've always loved how Jade smells, especially her hair. The first time I cornered her in the auto shop's locker room, her scent got stuck in my brain. Her hair's floral scent and her perfume which reminded me of fresh and juicy pears hunted me ever since that night. Her scent was so soft yet inviting, but doesn't scream "fuck me".

My hands gently caressed the curve of her hips, her skin smoothly gliding under my fingers. I had to fight the strong urge to rip her pastel-pink underwear, and I am honestly proud of my self-control at this moment.

I moved closer to my little spoon, my whole body more pressed to hers and my dick slightly hard against her tight ass. Her body fits into mine like a dream. We were molded for each other and there was no doubt about that.

I listened to the rhythm of her quiet breaths, my mind still in awe that she was really here with me. I still couldn't believe that Jade followed me in New York. Most of all, I couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that she accepted me.

When she showed at my door, I just wanted to pull her into a hug. She looked exhausted, lost and confused but dear Lord she's still so beautiful it killed me.

But panic and fright embraced me fast. She shouldn't be there in the hotel for fucks sake. I really wanted her to leave and even tried my best to hardened my heart. But when I saw her pleading almond eyes, I failed miserably.

I never imagined that this day would come. I never thought that the curtains of the pretentious life I showed to her in Ohio would dramatically fall in front of her eyes.

My transaction with Mr. Li this morning was the scariest one I ever had. My palms were fucking sweating and I had to curl my fist to hide my trembling fingers. I sold drugs to more dangerous people, even had a gun pointed to my head twice, but I haven't been that frightened my whole life.

I was frightened because of Jade.

Two reasons. One; she was in a wrong place. If Dave sees her, we were both dead. Not literally dead, but almost.

I knew Dave. He's one of our biggest clients. He snorts coke for breakfast and fucks women like they were objects. He never saw them as humans, but as toys for his delight and fucked up fetishes. I knew his taste in women so well. He loves them olive-skinned, well-shaped and innocent-looking. Jade would literally make him drool.

That's why I shoved her into the closet instead of sending her outside the hotel. I didn't want Dave to see her. She would catch his eye and God knows that Dave always gets anything and anyone he wants.

Second reason; I was all exposed to Jade. I felt stripped to my barest layers, my body bleeding with the secrets I tried so hard to keep from her. And she discovered it in the ugliest way. It would be slightly better if I just told her about the truth, but she saw it. She saw my real world while she was inside that closet and I couldn't do anything to save myself.

While talking to Dave, I was mentally absent. My brain was screaming Your life is fucking over, Styles. Those words echoed and flashed in my head the whole time. I was so convinced that once my conversation with Dave ends, Jade's feelings for me would vanish in the air as well.

I was already preparing myself for the things she would say in my face. I was ready for her to call me a fucked up piece of shit. A monster. A liar. A life-ruiner. And you know what, a part of me wanted her to say those words to me. I wanted her to get so angry at me. I wanted her to despise me. Why? Because in that way, it would be easier for her to forget about me. She would loathe me and she would finally realize that I am nothing but a fucking loser. She would realize that she deserved someone better, someone, who would fit into her world.