TWENTY EIGHT

Harry

I knocked on the door gently. "Jade," I called out. "Jade are you okay?"

No answer. I knocked again, harder this time. I knew she was here. I followed her upstairs because I saw her teary eyes and she didn't look good.

The door slowly opened. Jade frowned after seeing me, her eyes red and her mascara a bit ruined.

"What happened? Did you throw up?" I asked, suddenly worried. I felt like an idiot because I knew that she had low tolerance for alcohol but I didn't monitor her drinking. I expected Zayn to do it instead but the bastard didn't seem to know how alcohol could easily affect Jade's system.

"No," she replied flatly, sniffing. She was poised to went out of the room but I held her arm.

"Are you alright?"

She bit her lip. "Let go of my arm, Harry."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

Jade roughly took her arm away from my grip. "Not your fucking business."

Her statement pissed me off, adding to the anger that was already brewing inside me all throughout the night. Without any word, I grabbed her arm again and pushed her back inside the room, then locked the door behind us.

Jade's eyes went wide. "What the fuck?" she said. She was really drunk now, Jade doesn't curse that much when she's sober. "What the hell are you doing?" she added, her voice breaking like she was about to cry.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked in a not so gentle manner. "We're okay hours ago and now you're basically telling me to fuck off?"

She took in a sharp breath. "I will not argue with you, Harry. I'm tired as hell. You know what, I have to go back downstairs. Zayn is waiting for me," she uttered, walking past me to get the door.

I was fast enough to grab the doorknob first. I leaned my back against the door, blocking her way. "Waiting for you so he could take advantage of you again?" I snapped, losing grip on my temper. I didn't like the fact that Zayn kissed her torridly. He almost fucked her with his mouth. She was drunk for fucks sake. "No, Jade. You're not going downstairs. We'll go home, I'll drive you home."

"What?!" she breathed out. "You don't have the right to tell me what to do, you're not my fucking father!"

"We will go home whether you like it not. Unless you want Zayn to kiss and fuck you while you're intoxicated," I said sternly, my throat churning with just the thought.

Jade's hard eyes pierced on mine. "I'll kiss who I want to kiss and fuck who I want to fuck and that will be none of your fucking business. You're not the only one who can kiss me or fuck me senseless, Harry. You don't fucking own me," she replied, her words cutting my flesh like a sharp knife, making me bleed.

I licked my lips, nodding despite the pain slicing me in half. "You're right. I don't own you. But it doesn't mean I'll just sit and watch as other man takes advantage of your situation! I will not let that happen, Jade."

"And why? Because you don't like it when someone else is touching me? Is that the reason? Your selfishness?"

"Because I care for you!" I blurted, frustration eating me slowly. Damn, I didn't know that she could be this stubborn and hard when she's drunk. Alcohol was also eating me right now so my patience was running thin.

"I don't need your care!" she yelled, stunning me. "Shove that care to your fucking ass 'cause I don't need it! In fact, I don't need you! Leave me alone!"

"Well, I need you!" I roared, losing control of my mouth and mind. "I fucking need you, Jade! I fucking NEED you!" I shouted before her. I witnessed how shock and confusion invaded her eyes. I turned my back from her, my eyes clenched shut as I tried to ease my breathing. Shit. I would not explode right now. I should not erupt like this.