TWENTY FOUR

A/N
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating it! Hope you're all having fun with your families and love ones.
I want to take this moment to utter my sincere gratitude to you. Thank you so much for reading my book, voting, commenting, etc. I really, really appreciate it. You guys have no idea how y'all make my day. The main reason why I write is because this is the only way I feel useful. I feel less worthless when I make people smile with my words. Corny shit but it's true.
Thank you for the 1K reads! Since I'm so happy, I'll upload three chapters! Hope you'll like them!

I gulped the water fast to swallow the Advil I just took. I clenched my eyes shut, hoping it would ease a massive headache that was slowly killing me.

I left the kitchen and grabbed my phone on the couch. I sent a text to Marty and Leslie to inform them that I couldn't make it to work today. Aside from my throbbing head, my stomach kept on flipping upside down since I woke up this morning. The first thing I did after opening my eyes was to throw the shit up. It was so horrendous that I thought I just released all the food I've eaten the whole year.

That mysterious beer was definitely not for me. It just didn't mess up with my head, but also with my tummy.

And judgments.

I sighed deeply after sending the texts to my friends. I lay on the couch, eyes closed but my brain woke as hell and remembering what went down last night.

I remembered everything. Every single thing I'd said and done. I knew very well what I was doing last night.

What I didn't know was WHY I did them.

I thought I've already made a deal with myself; that I would avoid Harry because he was affecting me too much now. But clearly, I broke the deal.

I had been torturing myself for answers the whole night. At the same time, I had plenty of regrets. No, I didn't regret having sex with him because I wanted that last night. I regretted not voicing out the numerous questions I had in my head. Questions like - why was he so kind to me but cold and distant at the same time? Why did he take pictures of me? Why did he write to me that he could get lost in my eyes and not crave for water? What does it mean?

Why was he so complicated and hard to read?

I wished I asked him these questions last night. But after having sex with him, I just lay on his chest and silently listened to his breathing and heartbeat. He was stroking my hair with his fingers, untangling the messy strands as we lay there quietly. Neither of us said any word. I didn't know how long we stayed that way. Reality pulled us back to earth when Harry's phone rang, with Louis's shrill voice echoing from the other line and asking "where the fuck are you, Styles? We need you!"

Harry just murmured okay and ended the call. He then looked at me, his eyes apologetic. "Sorry, I have to go now. I'll drive you home."

And so we left the garden, my fingers playing with his curls as we hit the road. He would throw smiles and glances to me while driving. When we reached our houses, I just muttered my thanks and so did he. I jumped on the couch right away and drifted to sleep.

Now here I was, weak as hell with a painful head and weird stomach.

I wanted to sleep more but my mind was too restless to do so. I got up and decided to accomplish the house chores.

I went to the lawn first to check and water the plants. The bushes were so untamed now. My mom used to make sure that the flowers and bushes were properly taken care of, and she even reminded me to do the same. Ugh. She would be so disappointed once she sees how messy her garden is now.