The Gods

Percy's P.o.V

Walking up to the empire state building the next day there was only one thing that was going on in my mind... 'Oh shit, I'm going to die.'

Well that and 'Oh my gods, I'm engaged!'

We got to the counter and asked for floor 600, again we got told not to be ridiculous until we showed our camp necklaces, my SPQR tattoo and explained our positions as daughter of Athena and son of Poseidon. As soon as we brought that up, we got given the token and told to go right on up.

I hugged Annabeth close while we went up to mount Olympus. I whispered quiet words of reassurance to her as we went up even though I was freaking out too. To be honest with these gods you never know what will happen, although I can definitely predict that Aphrodite will squeal. Loudly.

The doors opened on the 600th floor and we stepped out, taking the path up to the throne room, strolling slowly and holding hands.

"Well, this is it." I said as we got to the doors. "I love you no matter what happens and I will defy all the gods there are just to hold you close."

"I would do the same, I'd fight all of them at the same time for the chance to be with you." She whispered back.

"Hey, that's no fair you're good a fighting, even if they are gods!" I exclaimed jokingly.

"Says the guy who has fought gods before, and yours wasn't fair either, you've probably defied all the gods in there at some point or another." She said back through laughs.

"Probably," I whispered, pulling her close again, "but I'd do it all over again and face them all at once, I'd even crawl blindly through Tartarus just to get to you."

"I would do the same." She said back quietly.

"You have." I said back, "and I'd never want you to go through that again, in fact I'd never let you go through that again, you're stuck with me now, I'm never leaving you. Ever." I whispered back,before taking her hand and pulling her in through the door.

The room was exactly how I remembered it, complete with giant gods sat on thrones and staring down at us, most with hostile glares, some with welcoming smiles. Oh gods. Help me.

"Perseus, what brings you here?" My father Poseidon asks.

"Well, Annabeth and I have some news." I stated calmly, feeling anything but...

"What is this news?" Athena asks while glaring menacingly like she would like to reduce me to a pile of ashes, which I figure she probably would.

"Well, it's rather big news..." I said looking at Annabeth and hoping she'll help me.

"Oh come on Seaweed brain, surely you're not that scared of my mum?" She said.

"Hey, your mum is glaring like she wants to kill me and I already know she can do by merely thinking it so excuse me for being slightly nervous." I defended myself.

"Anyway, you want me to explain?" She asked me calmly as if we weren't in a room full of gigantic gods that would be able to kill either of us within seconds.

"Well, I don't think we really need to explain, it's quite simple really." I said back, enjoying a bit of pre-death banter.

"Just get on with it, we don't have all day." Zeus boomed.

"Okay, we're engaged." i said calmly as I could while cuddling Annabeth into my side and showing the ring.

"Ahhhhhhhhh, I knew it would happen some day, I told you all! Congratulations, you have my blessing!" Aphrodite exclaimed loudly, just like we expected but I still wasn't really prepared for the volume and my ears were ringing slightly.

"Congratulations, I can't say it's a particularly big shock, we all saw it coming when you first met at age twelve." Zeus said calmly.

"Well, I can't say I'm particularly thrilled but I know you two care for each other and so I won't stop you." Athena said through pursed lips.

"I'm glad you've found someone who you truly love Perseus, a little disappointed that she's a daughter of Athena but I'm proud of you son and I guess she is very beautiful and smart too, you two suit each other. Congratulations." Poseidon told us.

The other gods all congratulated us too before they all shrunk down to give us hugs. Athena even came up to me.

"Take care of her Perseus." Athena whispered in my ear as she hugged me and I felt one of her tears on my shoulder.

"Of course, I would go to the ends of the earth for her, even without your request I would never let any harm come to her." I told her.

"You really love her don't you?"

"Of course. Why?"

" I just never truly realised the extent of your love for her before. I approve now." She pulled out of the hug now and I saw Annabeth looking worried at how long we'd  been separated from the others.

"Thank you, that means a lot. Will you and Poseidon attend the wedding?" I asked hopefully, I really wanted our actual parents to be there for us on the happiest day of our lives so far.

"Of course and I shall really attempt to be civil to Poseidon for the day, for you two. Don't think this means you're able to get away with anything with me from now on, I still think you're rather idiotic and you'll never get away with hurting my daughter. Ever. Clear?"

"Yes, crystal clear. Thank you so much, I promise to take care of your daughter forever." I whispered as I pulled her back in for a hug and everyone around us went quiet.

"What was that?" Annabeth asked confusedly as we left the throne room.

"Oh, we both came to a realisation, it was nothing really." I answered and pulled her over to a park on the side and we stood on the edge, I held her close as we stared over the edge at Olympus and New York stretched out below us.