Shouting and Cold Shoulders

Annabeth's p.o.v

"But mum, I love her!" Percy's voice shook me out of my dreams. He must be talking about that other girl.

"Well then, tell Annabeth yourself. If she forgives you then I will." Sally responded coldly. I went into my en suite and locked the door so I could get changed. A few minutes later I heard Percy knocking on the door. I told him to leave me alone. He did.

After that I went down to have breakfast and completely ignored Percy.

He tried to talk to me at least 50 times that day and every time I ignored him. His new girlfriend kept smirking at me.

I got home. Percy had gone home slightly early, skipping last period. As I walked into our home I heard crying from the couch. I looked over and Percy was the one crying.

"I wish I could tell Annabeth that I love her. I really do mum. That girl has been trying to get me to date her for the past few months. She kissed me and I was so shocked I didn't move. When I finally did Annabeth was gone." He sobbed quietly to his mother.

"Percy, do you really love Annabeth that much?" She asked quietly. He whispered something in her ear as if he was afraid to say it aloud. "I guess you do." She blinked. "Well tell her and make sure to tell her the entire story. Bear your heart to her on a silver platter and offer it up with the chance of it getting smashed to pieces."

I heard enough and ran to my room. I slammed the door and cried into my pillow. He was so sweet. I definitely didn't deserve him. About two minutes after I ran in I heard the door open. I didn't bother to look up at the person who I already knew would be there. Percy sat next to me and rubbed my back gently while I sobbed still.

"I love you, Annabeth." He said, "I always have and I always will. That was Kayla. I've been trying to get her to leave me alone for months now and I thought that when she actually saw that I had the most wonderful, amazing and beautiful girlfriend in the world then she'd back off but I guess she just got more desperate. I really do love you, more than life itself. Please forgive me Annabeth, this past day of you ignoring me has been torture." By the end of this I was hugging him and crying but like I said when we first got together. I'm never going to make things easy for him.

"I love you too, but I do feel like with the whole moving in together thing we're moving a little too fast. I just feel like we need to spend more time getting to be separate people than one half of 'that' couple. So I feel like we need separate spaces and to try not being completely joined at the hip. Does that sound okay?" I asked while looking into his eyes.

"I can see where you're coming from and I will try for you but I still feel like you are my everything and although it scares me slightly it also gives me the most amazing feeling like together we could be unstoppable. I don't need the curse of Achilles when I am with you because you are both my weakness and my strength. I can't even put into words how much I love you and need you. I will sleep in the spare room for as long as you want me to, just know though, that if you have any nightmares or troubles or anything you need help with then come and get me. I love you, goodnight." And with that he left with a small pack of stuff he always kept packed for sleepovers and under our bed.

Oh gods, why did I suggest that. I need him as much as he needs me. This is going to be a long few weeks but I already said that and it would be really weak to just take it back. I guess I'll just have to stick it out.

(A/n: Sorry it took me so long to update but I needed to get some drama in there so I shall hopefully work on this more over the summer because mine is nine weeks long and so I should have time.

~Bel x )