After class

Percy's p.o.v

Everything had gone so well over the past few days that I knew something had to go wrong.

So we finished class and walked out into the hall. Our drama teacher had told us she thought we were brilliant together at acting and we should try out for the school play next term.

Gym was my next class and Annabeth and I were walking to the gymnasium together when I heard a high pitched voice squeal "Percy!" And felt a pair of hands yank me around to face the last person I wanted to see, Kayla. She pressed her lips to mine and for a second or two I was too shocked to do anything, when I finally got her off of me Annabeth was nowhere to be seen.

Annabeth's p.o.v

This girl ran over and kissed Percy. I watched as he did nothing. It looked like he enjoyed it and so I did the only thing I could think to do. I ran. Straight out of the school and down the road until I got to the boutique where my step-mum worked. I ran inside and she gasped when she saw me.

"Annabeth, what's wrong, why are you crying?" She asked gently as she came over to try to calm me down.

"I didn't realise I was." I said wiping my hand across my cheek and staring at the salty tears glistening there.

"Well, why are you here and not in school?" She asked.

"This girl screamed Percy's name while we were walking to gym. Then she turned him to face her. She kissed him and he did nothing." I told her truthfully, starting to cry in earnest now.

"Oh," she said, her face taking on a murderous look, "well then, why don't we go home and we can watch some movies with Sally and eat Ice cream, sound good?"

"Okay." I said and followed her out to her car.

We spent the rest of the afternoon talking and crying together. Sally was really mad at Percy and swore that when he got in she would tell him off and tell him that he was sleeping in the basement for now.

Just before Percy was due to come home I went to my room to nap and probably cry a little. The sheets still smelt of Percy and I clung them to my chest, crying and wishing he actually meant it when he said he loved me.

I heard the door slam open and Percy started shouting, "Mum, where is Annabeth, I need to find her." he yelled, sounding pretty close to tears for someone who didn't actually love me.

"Where she is is none of your business Percy Jackson." I heard Sally shout back and then she lowered her voice so I couldn't hear. Eventually I fell asleep. I just wished it was in the safety of Percy's arms even though I knew it probably wouldn't be again.