News

Annabeth's P.o.V

The next day we went home with Ari and Alex. I was slightly nervous because I didn't know how my parents were going to react to such huge news, they'd probably say we're too young but we've been through more than most, and if they say we may not know what we want and we may not really love each other I will definitely bring up the fact that Percy jumped into the deepest pits of hell just to keep me safe. My parents got married and had twins together and they've never done something that drastic to be together so surely we've more than proved our love for one another.

After about half an hour of driving we got back into the city right near our house. We dropped Ari and Alex off at their homes and went back, preparing ourselves to tell our parents the big news. Once we got home we noticed a note on the fridge saying that they'd gone out for the afternoon and would likely be back at around 8, we could order some takeaway and there was money in the jar on the fridge. So, we sat cuddled up on the couch, ordered Pizza to be delivered and decided to watch a film. Percy wanted to watch Finding Nemo AGAIN. I said no. So instead we watched 10 Things I hate about you.

Eventually, after four hours of being alone, watching films and eating Ice cream and Pizza, the door opened and Bobby and Matthew came running into the room, jumping straight onto Percy and I were we were lying on the sofa. My left hand was resting on Percy's chest as our parents walked in, I went to cover it with the blanket but Percy stopped me, smiling gently at me and kissing my forehead (making the twins pretend to throw up). Sally then walked in and came to say hello, she gave us both kisses on the cheek and asked how it was.

"Brilliant, there was a campfire and it turns out that Ari is actually a daughter of Poseidon so Percy now has a sister." I said, then my nose felt itchy so I scratched it. With my left hand.

"What is that?" My dad sounded angry when he asked me so Percy and I sat up, he put his arms around me and dragged me into his lap before clasping his hands over my tummy.

"You may want to sit down." Percy said gently. They did. "Okay, well, I asked Annabeth to marry me at the campfire and she said yes." He smiled down at me before kissing my cheek making me smile and blush.

"You can't get married yet, you're only 17. How do you even know this is what you want, this time next year you could be bored of each other." My Dad yelled at us.

"Dad, we're not going to get married quite yet, and I really don't think you should be questioning our love for one another." I told him calmly.

"Love? Is that what you teenagers are calling it nowadays?" He asked, laughing maniacally.

"Yes, love. Do you think we don't love each other because we do, more than you'll ever understand. I fell into the deepest pits of hell and Percy jumped in after me because he knew I couldn't handle it by myself down there. It was horrible and without him I would be dead. I wouldn't have even survived the fall if he hadn't been with me and I know that you don't understand but that place is one where I would not even wish my worst enemies to go to. There were rivers made of pure misery, monsters at every turn and several immortal giants and a god that we had to face, Percy almost made me leave him behind so that I would live but one of the titans stayed back to hold off the mob of bad monsters. That was the one thing that made us closer than any other humans have been in the history of ever and I fell for him so hard then, I could never imagine my life without him and I don't think you understand that, in fact even if you try to stop us we will still get married and it is your choice whether you want to be involved in our life or not." I got up and stormed off to our room, but I could still hear Percy talking to my dad much calmer than I had.

"Mr. Chase, I'm sorry I didn't ask you before but I had already got the ring, my brother Tyson made it two months ago and he sent it to me, so I wasn't really planning it but then when we got to camp again it seemed like the perfect time, Camp half-blood is where we first met and where I kissed her for the first time and I knew that I had to do it then. We won't get married right away if you don't want us to but I know more than anything else in my life that I'm completely in love with her and I could never live without her. Now if you do not mind Mr. Chase, I am going to go and try to comfort my fiancée." He said calmly, we calmer than I would have, and then came into our room.

We sat and whispered sweet nothings to each other. After an hour my step-mum came in to tell us they all wanted to talk. We came in and due to the lack of space on the sofas I sat on Percy's lap again. He rested his chin on my shoulder and put his arms round my waist, his hands coming to rest on top of mine on my stomach.

"I'm sorry, I know you have both been through so much together but I just can't get over the fact that you're not my little girl any more. You two can get married whenever you feel ready and I will be there to support you both as long as you'll still have me?" My dad said gently before I stood up and gave him a huge hug.

"Dad, I'll always be your little girl and of course we still want you to be part of our lives, who else would walk me down the aisle?" I asked him, tearing up a little and I could have sworn I saw him tear up slightly too.

We stayed up then and talked, we decided we would have the morning off school tomorrow to go up to mount Olympus to break the big news to our other parents. Then we'd be back at school in time to tell all our friends. Amongst all of us we decided that it would be great to have a summer wedding on the beach near the cabin Percy and his mother were going to when he was taken to camp half-blood for the first time. So it will be in about 6 months and then we have one more year of school where we get to be a married couple. I can't wait.

At 2am we finally went to sleep knowing that in about 8 hours we'd have to go tell our godly parents of our plans to get married. I'm not trying to be dramatic but I hope Percy doesn't get turned into a pile of ash, you never know with our parents.

A/n: Hey, so i can't believe that this chapter turned out to be so long, and I can't believe that this story is up to over 3K. It's really amazing to think about and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to read this but... I feel like I don't know you guys and you probably don't know much about me so... why not have questions? So, my first question for you is what is your real first name/nickname? My real name is Annabel. If you want, comment your name and/or ask me a question to answer in the next chapter.

Thank you,

Bel x