Chapter36: Loving and Forgiving

"You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles." ― C. JoyBell C.

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...............................................

Athena Giudici's POV

                I STOOD beside Gio and the man who introduced himself as Mr. Baldwick, a legal wedding minister stood across us. I'm overwhelmed how things goes so fast. From kidnapping to a proposal and now a wedding.

A scenario replayed in my head ...

You're so grown up, honey. I don't want to think the day when you and Zander get married and you're out of our life.. *burst into tears*.. b-but, I'm happy which road you ever take. We are always here to support you. Your daddy and I will give our blessings even if it's hard. We will walk you to him and hand you with all our heart ...*sniffing uncontrollably*

"M-Mom ..." I choked, mumbling under my breath, too lost in my thoughts that I wasn't paying attention what was the presider was talking. My tears flowing incessantly like the Niagara falls. This is my mom's dream. To walk me to the man waiting on the other end of the altar. Guilt flooded in my system.

"Bambolina, what's wrong?" Gio's soothing voice reach my ears and fresh tears stream down my cheeks.

I face him with my soaking cheeks, blurry vision with the glistening tears, fogging my vision. "I-I" I sniffed, suppressing the soft hiccups "I can't do this," I said then burst into tears, all over again.

I felt his hands holding my arms, stiffened. "Did I do something wrong?" his voice betrayed him.

"No, no.." shaking my head, soft hiccups escapes. "I love you, Gio. I will marry you, alright." I cried softly. "It's just that, this is my mom's dream. To walk me down to the altar and give us their blessings," I choked, my throat felt rasp from the incessant tears soaking my face.

Gio pulled me to him and hugs me real tight. I felt all the more vulnerable and emotional. I tried to stop it, but I can't. The tears just kept coming, in fresh waves. Guilt tugging my heart, and I felt like a selfish brat child. Mom deserves to witness my wedding. It has been her dream as she always said, and now, I'm pregnant and she knew nothing.

Dad?

No matter what he did, I still felt kind of guilty, too. I wanted to hate him, but I always end up loving him. He's my father, who raise us well. A part of me hated what he did, and a part of me, forgiving him because he's my father. Yes, he's a criminal, but he raise us, he loved us, and he didn't leave us. He'd support us until we found what we wanted in life.

"I'm sorry, Gio." I hiccups.

"Shh. It's alright. We can plan a grand wedding with your family." His hand rubbing my back and it is soothing.

I pushed myself away lightly and meet his gaze. His eyes were filled with sympathy and other mixed emotions. "How about my dad?" I asked warily. His face shows no emotions after hearing my words.

He turns his head to the others and they seemed all awaken from their frozen state and scrambles out of our sight, disappearing into the distance.

"Come," Gio led me to a table with four armchairs. "Sit," he pulled a chair and help me seated. He sat on the next armchairs, turning the chair to face me. He sat and his two legs caging my legs. He leaned forward, with his hands clasping mine.