Chapter 26: Caught Between Rocks and A Hard Place

"It's me. I chose this. I chose all of this — this rock has been waiting for me my entire life. I've been moving towards it my whole life." ― Aron Ralston

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

..................................

Giovanni Leone Santorini's POV

            I swigged another shot of Jack Daniels straight and a bit better this time. After several shots, my tongue and throat got accustomed to the taste and mouthfeel of the "sour mash" whiskey as they refer the JD. "Another, boss?" Vianno asked and I nodded my head lightly. My elbows propped on the counter of the bar leaning in, with my head a little hanging low. My eyes burning holes onto the marble counter as I stared through it. 

Vianno slides another shot of Jack Daniels in front of me. I gave him a brief glance and then swigged the alcohol again, then lightly slammed the small glass on the counter making a loud clanking sound. My eyes trained onto the empty glass with my hands clutching the glass tightly. My head already feels heavy with all the amount of alcohol I had, but I'm not going to stop until my brain will stop functioning and my heart stops beating. 

I squeeze my eyes shut, real tight as I tried to block the stinging truth Vito reported me this morning.

"We are right. Salvo Giudici is Lucky. He is Juan Flavier Bermudez best friend, known for "scarface", and if you ever remember Angelo Giudici, Enna's best friend captor?"

"Yes. He's still in Jail, right?" I responded with my brains floating and couldn't comprehend too much after the shocking news. 

"Yes," Vito responded shortly. "Anyway, he is the only son of Juan Flavier Bermudez, the owner of the Bella Casino, named after the only girl he loved, Marbella Giudici, Salvo's sister. And, you know what's interesting?" Vito made a short pause. 

"What?" I asked glumly with my head almost bursting with an agony of the truth. The truth that the father of the woman who stole my heart, is the killer of my family.

"Isn't it interesting to know that Salvo and Juan Flavier were friends, where in fact, Salvo took her sister away from him, and someone who knew Juan Flavier well, said that he used to be Salvo's family gardener." My wandering thoughts suddenly trained on Vito's words. 

"Interesting, indeed" I mumbled but it was enough for Vito's grasp.

"Yes, it is. I dig on the story more and yes, they were best friends, but then when Juan Flavier fell in love with the younger sister, he openly disapproved the romance between them, because he feared his sister would struggle in life because Juan is just a gardener. From then on, they became enemies, but when Juan came back, he found out the woman he loved died in delivering the baby, he was very mad, but after a year, he came back again and the two reconciled. I'm thinking that Juan Flavier was plotting revenge against Salvo, but then he died in one of his estate on an island in Spain. Do you get where I am going, Gio?"

"Is is the encounter between the FBI and believed to be a drug lord, way back our teens years?" 

"Yes. I believe, Salvo tipped the FBI and sent his men to trap him. They found million worth of illegal guns and cocaine in his villa. He was shot when he tried to escape," explained Vito further. "Nobody knew it, except those who works for Salvo, but then they turned their back on him after they found out what happened and he also set some of his loyal men up, that some of them gave their loyalties to the other family, like Viggorino."