Chapter 19: Life of a Boss

"Good luck to that. Knowing your little spitfire, it may be the other way around. And that would be great and you'll suffer the way I did," -- Isaias Vitale

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.......................................

Athena Guidici's POV

Giovanni's face distorted as he gave me a disapproval look. "Who are you calling?" Gosh, when is he going to stop making things worst. We are inside his car and he was glancing at my side occasionally with this interrogating hawk-like eyes, like a gauging sharks in that show, shark den. Honestly, it's suffocating!

"I'm trying to call Bell again, now happy?" I rolled my eyes and he just look at me with a mischievous grin in his demonic face. Honestly, after barging into my office and dragging me back home, plus leaving my car in our building, I'm really at the verge of exploding.

"Yes," his grin widened and I rolled my eyes again in frustration and exasperation.

"Don't do that often, bambolina. You might get used to it and your eyes would roll every time you talk and you will look like an alien, with rolling eyes," he teased. I looked at him in disbelief, with my nose flaring smoke.

He was grinning from ear to ear and I could see that he's happy. I was about to retort when his phone rang. He connected it from the audio of his car.

"Speak," I just listened. His playful voice is gone and here comes his stoic-stricken voice who could frighten any human being.

"Mr. Santorini, it's Logan Gold."

"Yes, Mr. Gold?"

"I just had a conversation to the CEO of the Maynard Corp., Mrs. Kinsley. She's selling her shares of the Italy's Financial Investment Group or IFIG, Sir. She would like to offer it to you first since you owned businesses in Italy. She doesn't want to have anything to do with the IFIG anymore, Sir."

"How much is her share?" He inquired. He looks very interested. His eyes now were trained to the road while driving carefully.

"Something like thirty-five percent, Sir."

"I want to have a meeting with her, ASAP. Call my secretary to book the schedule and I'll meet her up soon to talk about it,"

"Yes, Sir."

"How is the bank going?" I heard him ask.

"The Massaretti offers us a partnership-"

"No! I don't want anything to do with Marco Massaretti!"

"Just as I thought, Sir." This guy sounded so trustworthy and I have guessed he was Giovanni's right hand. "We are offering a bid over the Haywood Mortgage Bank. It was on the market now. It's been bankrupt for a while, it was only exposed recently."

"I'll take a look on that," Giovanni looks at me and smiled, then his one hand reach out for my hand and held it while his other steering the wheel. "Is that all, Mr. Gold?"

"So far, Sir. I'll fax all the details of the IFIG and the Haywood now."

"Good. Have a good day, Logan!" I heard the guy on the other line gasped.

"T-thank y-you, S-sir." He stammered and I almost laughed. The whole time, he sounded so confident and smart, and all of a sudden, he stammered like an idiot.

"Who was that?" I asked as soon as the call ended.

"He's the Santorini's Holding Vice-President," He replied nonchalantly. "Would you like to eat somewhere?" he suddenly ask, dropping the subject.