Chapter 24: Battling Of The Heart

Warning: Contains Mature scenes. Please be warned.

"I love you, bambolina. No matter what happen, you will always have my heart. You will always will." - Giovanni Leone Santorini. 

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

......................................

Giovanni Leone Santorini's POV

          LUCKY, the name replayed in my head like a mantra. I don't know where I heard that name, it sounded familiar. I sat on the bowling sofa with my beer and watch the other girls taking their turns. Another sofa opposite me and a round glass coffee table in between. 

As I swigged my beer, I watched them.  Enna looks so happy as she made a strike and pouted when she'd missed the balls. She looks so refreshing. The day I first saw her, flashed in my head and a ghost of a smile formed on the corner of my lips. I knew she's the girl who will be going to change my ways. I felt it instantly. It's hard to explain. I just felt it, I know it was absurd, but I do. Something in her that excites me, especially when I stared into her stormy eyes, when she look so deeply frightened, my heart felt it too. It felt like our hearts suddenly interconnected. Yes, she completes me in every way. She could melt my temper without doing anything, just by her stare. She could damn make me angry in just the slightest thing, and makes me happy, in the same way.

Isaias words rang in my ears with my eyes stayed trained on Enna. She was shuffling around her friends, animatedly chatting and laughing with them. 

"If Salvo Giudici is Lucky? How will you deal with Enna? How will you get justice with the  ..." Isaias made a short pause, his eyes filled with reluctance, but continued it anyway. ".. death of your family." Sai pinned me with his cold-distant eyes. "You can't have both, Leone," he sounded stern and I involuntarily clenched my hands into balls. He is right. I can't have Enna and then get revenge of my family's death by killing the father of the girl whom I want to share my life with until my last breath.

"Don is in Palermo," Isaias' standoffish's eyes trained on me. "Vito flew to Palermo the other day. He will be dealing with this guy and get some information about this "Lucky". We just hope he has the information we needed," his jaws moved and clenched. His eyes spark something dangerous. The reason why we care for each other. We have the same thinking, we fight the same fights, and we shared the same problems. They were my brothers whom I never had. They were the only family I had left. 

"Hey, Gio." Dean's voice snaps me out of my short reverie. My head snaps to his directions. "Come on, bro. Enna needs a backup, she's getting rusty," Dean playfully teased her and I saw Enna shot him a daggering look.

I smiled. "Later," I waved my hand and he nodded. I swigged the beer and I saw Enna approaching me. She took her drink and made a sip, then places it back on the table, then she face me. 

"Are you okay?" I nodded and deposited my beer bottle on the table. I took her hands and pulled her closer to me. She stood in front of me, in between my legs. My hands automatically curled around her hips and nuzzled my head on her belly. She smelled really good.

"Are you sure, Gio?" I felt her hands rest on my shoulders. 

"Come on, guys. Get a room!" Dean's playfully chided and I release her, half-chuckling. She bent down and kissed me on the lips briefly, before retreating back to the group. Dean and the other guy, Jacob, was watching us with beers in their hands. They raised their beers in silence and I just nodded my head acknowledging them. Now, I believe her. I guess the guy was really a friend to her, however, I couldn't get the negative feelings out of my dirty skull. I don't know, but I hate to even think guys swarming her, even though these guys truly has no negative intentions. It still bothered me greatly.