Chapter 183-184

-183-

[ Mrs. Islas' POV ]

"Dr. Serrano, what do you mean with you are moving Fleur today? Are you serious?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes, we are moving her today."

"But the bills! Our loan hasn't been accepted yet."

"Everything has been paid Mrs. Islas."

"Paid? What do you mean?" I frowned.

"An anonymous person paid the current hospital bills and the expenses for the revalidation center have been fully covered as well," he informed.

"Anonymous person?" I scowled.

He nodded.

"No!" I hissed.

"What's wrong Mrs. Islas?" the doctor asked.

"It's from them isn't it?" I asked with clenched hands. "They think their money can fix everything!" I spat in anger.

"Mrs. Islas, what's going on?" Selina asked, who had just stepped out of the elevator.

"Those bastards!"

"What's going on Dr. Serrano?" she asked.

"Fleur's bills have been paid and also her transfer to the revalidation center," he explained.

"Oh," she said and didn't look all that surprised.

I narrowed my eyes at her. She looked nervous and avoided eye contact with me.

"Do you know anything about this Selina?"

"I...uhm," she mumbled.

I grabbed her by her shoulders and looked straight into her eyes.

"It's them, they paid," she whispered.

"You knew about this?" I hissed through gritted teeth.

"No, but his sister begged me to talk to you about it Mr. Islas."

I let go of Selina and shot her a glare before turning to Dr. Serrano.

"We will not take their filthy money when it was them who did this to our daughter! You can return their money!" I yelled.

[ Selina's POV ]

"Mrs. Islas, I know I'm in no position to make a decision or have any say in this, but please think about it before refusing," I pleaded.

"She is right Mrs. Islas. The revalidation center where Fleur will be transferred to is the best one in Barcelona and the longer we wait with revalidation, the higher the chances of permanent damage not only to her memory but also to her physical abilities," Dr. Serrano explained.

"I will not take their filthy money after what he did to my daughter!" she hissed and walked away furiously.

-184-

It was tough decision for her family to make. We all wanted what's best for Fleur, but I understood their hesitation. It was hard for them to accept financial help from the very person who had almost killed their daughter. If it wasn't for him and his moronic mistakes, she would have moved on and found her happiness eventually. But right now, Fleur's recovery and her well-being was our priority. Thus her parents accepted the money the next day, but with the condition that they would repay every last cent to the bastard who had destroyed her life. They didn't want anything to do with him ever again.

Once Fleur was moved to the revalidation center, she was motivated to get better. She hated not being able to walk, thus she trained hard with her personal physiotherapist every day. After a week, she was able to stand on her own with anyone's support and we were very proud of her. Her memory was another story however. It came back slowly and the worst thing was that she relieved each of them. One day she would be happy, because she remember how we had skipped college to go to a concert of our favorite band. The next day she would be in tears, because she had just remembered how her grandmother had died when she was 14. What we feared deeply, was the day she would remember him and what it would do to her.

The doctor at the center had ensured us that she was strong enough to handle it. But the doctor and her family didn't know half of the things I knew. They didn't know how many times she had cried in my arms because of him. They didn't know the details of how he broke her piece by piece. Renewed hate for Neymar surfaced. My best friend suffered for his mistakes whilst he continued his life like nothing had happened.

Did he ever love her?

I wanted to slap myself for encouraging her to date him, to fall in love with him. I should have seen through his façade. I should have protected her and kept her safe. I wasn't there when she needed me the most. I had let her down. I had failed her as her best friend.

 I had failed her as her best friend

------------------------

Fleur's family has accepted Neymar's help, but they are going to pay back every last cent. They clearly despise him and so does Selina. Do you think Selina should blame herself for encouraging Fleur to love Neymar?