Chapter 38

I shivered and goosebumps covered my arms.

"Sorry," he said and removed his hand.

"Why is your hand so cold?" I asked, because they were always warm usually.

"I got a few champagne bottles out of the fridge. You look gorgeous by the way."

"Thank you," I replied with a blush creeping up my cheeks.

Why was I blushing? I shouldn't be blushing, this is inappropriate!

"Your date seems to be having a good time," he said sarcastically, pointing to Philippe.

What was he implying with that? That Philippe was a flirting with that woman? That he wasn't good enough?

I had no clue.

"Where are Gil and Jen? I haven't spotted them yet," I asked, changing the subject.

"They are outside I believe."

I tried not to look at him, but every time he looked the other way, I couldn't help myself. I had always loved him in a suit, but this particularly navy blue one fitted him so well. His hair was nicely groomed, he had left a stubble beard and...no, stop Fleur! Stop drooling over your ex!

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he suddenly asked.

"You have something on your cheek," I lied.

He bent down, gesturing me to remove it. I moved my fingers over his cheek. God, it felt so good to touch his warm skin.

I removed my slightly trembling hands quickly and said, "Done."

"Thank you," he smiled and pecked my cheek.

I felt the heat rise inside my body.

"I'm going back to Philippe."

"How long have you been dating him?" he asked.

Why was he asking that question now? It's not like it was any of his business!

"Sorry, that sounded nosy," he quickly corrected himself.

I felt awkward and wanted to escape this moment.

"I should go now, see you around."

"Okay, see you Flor," he said softly with a warm smile.

My pulse raced, just seeing him smile at me like that. I shouldn't have come here I cursed mentally while I walked back to Philippe.

"Philippe," I said, interrupting his conversation with that blonde.

"Oh hi," he said.

"Sorry for taking so long."

"It's okay, Vale kept me company," he smiled.

-------------------------

Edited 15/02/2016