Chapter 32

Though it had been hard for me, I tried to understand him. I didn't need the media attention, after all, his love was enough for me. But who had I fooled? The jealousy had been unbearable while being in a relationship with him. I wasn't able to cope with it because let's face it: he was worshiped as one of the best football players and sexiest men alive. This meant that gorgeous women were around him constantly. He enjoyed the female attention, which male didn't? It stroked their egos. I was forced to sit back and watch all of that. What kind of girlfriend would accept that she couldn't touch her boyfriend in public or that she had to remain a secret until her boyfriend was finally ready to tell the world? I had been that girlfriend because I loved him. Selina was right when she said that he had been my priority and that I had neglected myself during our relationship. I wanted him to be happy because I loved him that much. But love isn't enough and sacrifices meant nothing if two people and their lifestyles didn't match. He would always be that celebrity and I would always be the ordinary Fleur who foolishly fell deeply in love with her favorite football player.

I felt better after reminding myself of some of the reasons why our relationship had been doomed to fail. He might have been ordinary one day, but he would never ever be ordinary again.

"Gil is asking for you," James said the next day at work.

"What?" I frowned while I was putting price tags on a pile of new t-shirts.

"Gil," James repeated.

"Yeah I know who Gil is, but what is he doing here?" I asked.

"Go and ask him, let me do the labeling," James said.

I nodded and went to the front of the store. I spotted Gil immediately and smiled.

"Hey Flora," he said.

"I swear one day I won't remember my real name anymore!" I groaned.

"You know we like teasing you," he smirked.

"What brings you here? No, wait who told you I was working here again?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Connections," he grinned mysteriously.

"Who is the traitor?" I glowered.

"Neymar," he said.

How in the hell did Neymar know I was working here again? Did I tell him while I had been drunk?

♣♣♣

Edited 23/10/2016